Star Wars The Old Republic

sol740

You have to pay for a Cell Phone, and then pay to use it.

Same principle IMO.

KillJoy

I refuse to buy a video game that I have to pay to play, better? That's like saying you buy a car and you have to pay for gas to drive it, it has no merits when you base that against a video game. I can buy plenty of video games that will be just as fun and I only have to pay once and you can get new phones for free.

I refuse to buy a video game that I have to pay to play, better? That's like saying you buy a car and you have to pay for gas to drive it, it has no merits when you base that against a video game. I can buy plenty of video games that will be just as fun and I only have to pay once and you can get new phones for free.

I understand your point. However, you are paying to use their Service (Servers and online playing). Same as on XBox.

KillJoy

That's why I have a PS3 and a computer. If I'm going to pay for something I'm going to have my own server do to with as I please as I did for years in Counterstrike.

Right, I definitely see where you're coming from, even if the above doesn't exactly translate to the setup of an MMO, literally thousands of users. Like I said, it will probably be drastically reduced in up front cost, if not free for 30 days or whatever, like many other MMOs, after sales start to drop off.