Star Wars The Old Republic

sol740

Anybody else playing? Just started last night, up to level 9, Imperial Sith Warrior on the Saber of Exar Kun server. Haven't touched an MMO since The Matrix, but I'm having a lot of fun. Unlike most MMOs, so far this game has a strong story element and feels like a proper sequel to KOTOR.

isnt this game like 10 years old

Pretty sure it just came out the other day.

I had read something online like you had to pay to play. Is that true? I thought about getting it, but that's just what I read online.

Is the game actually as fun as all the cinematic trailers

I'm having a blast but I always liked being an evil prick in KOTOR. However, it is an MMO, lots of clicking.

Pretty sure it just came out the other day.

I had read something online like you had to pay to play. Is that true? I thought about getting it, but that's just what I read online.

Yes its a subscription game, though that's pretty standard for MMOs, and yes it officially launched on the 20th.

Here is the game from my point of view so far.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/12/21/e2985200-3d73-44c0-ab6c-da5aef1719e1.png

Other wise its pretty fun. Played in the beta and early access, the quest cinematics pretty much make the game in my opinion.

How is it? Is it a typical leveling hamsterwheel grind?

Yes there are some standard genre tropes, Ye old fetch this and kill that, but at the same time no, the story plays a much more significant role than in most other MMOs. If you liked KOTOR 1 or 2, as I very much did, I would bet you would enjoy this too. Plus raids and heroic quests in a group are as fun as ever.

I tried to look it up........

"

SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Please check back again soon!

En raison d'une maintenace prévue, le site de swtor.com n'est actuellement pas disponible. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement!

Leider ist die Star Wars: The Old Republic-Website momentan aufgrund von geplanten Wartungsarbeiten nicht erreichbar. Versuchen Sie es bitte später erneut!"

FAAAILLLLL

Who is still playing Star Wars Jedi Academy? Yeah!

isnt this game like 10 years old

:fuckyeah:

Last star wars game I had. I'd buy Skyrim Star Wars edition of they made it.

Sorry, I didn't see these before, I think you're confusing this with Knights of the Old Republic for the original Xbox. TOR is effectively a continuation of that series, just add multiplayer.

Yes there are some standard genre tropes, Ye old fetch this and kill that, but at the same time no, the story plays a much more significant role than in most other MMOs. If you liked KOTOR 1 or 2, as I very much did, I would bet you would enjoy this too. Plus raids and heroic quests in a group are as fun as ever.

Essentially this.

I picked it up and am enjoying it as a single player so far. Playing on a few servers because so many of my friends are playing.

I loved Jedi Academy but refuse to pay a monthly service for a game.

I never paid a monthly service to play Jedi Academy online, wtf?

Paying a subscription fee after already buying the game is completely retarded. I will not endorse any of that faggotry.

I never paid a monthly service to play Jedi Academy online, wtf?

he's saying he liked that game and would probably like this game but refuses to pay a monthly fee.. as do I. Maybe if the game were free to download and it cost like five bucks a month that would be different.

he's saying he liked that game and would probably like this game but refuses to pay a monthly fee.. as do I. Maybe if the game were free to download and it cost like five bucks a month that would be different.

Oh, I understand.

I play world of tanks sometimes- is free to download and play but costs money for some perks and advantages. That's a solid concept I expect to do well.