Where to buy engagement ring

JZig06

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you keep throwing my car into this? Money spent on having fun is not the same thing as a useless hunk of metal and rocks on your hand.

FYI, My wife told me after most of my posting last night that her ring set was more like $2200. Of course I didn't know because I don't pay the bills, I didn't before we were married either.

because thats the only way you relate to things. you call it useless, lol thats why jewelry holds its value well right? and thats cool that you and your wife both agree its not that big a deal to you. what im saying is why are you on such a rant about calling everyone else dumb and idiots that value things that u dont? if you dont want your wife wearing jewlery worth a damd, then dont buy it, not gonna care, i just stated i like my lady to look and feel good.

You all act like if you spend a bit on the high side for an engagement ring that you will never have money the rest of your life. :confused:

Funny I am just fine, we travel, raise kids, buy cars, going to buy a new house.....

I don't get it, I put time and money in it because it kinda shows the commitment and how much she means to you. That's my opinion. I'm not a newly wed either.

If I was on #4/#5 I wouldn't buy an expensive ring either. :lolguy:

+1

If you get a ring so that it impresses other people then you got it for the wrong reason

If you are single and in this thread.. you are like a race car driver with an engineless car talking about how fast your car will be after you get a motor.

Those people that spent a lot and had their wife fuck their cousin are lurking.

If you need high end material items as a major/only way to express your love you should probably save some of the money to buy a penis pump

If you share rent with a bunch of guys you shouldnt even be in this thread

A girl that is the center of attention is 87% more likely to give you mouth herpes after sucking the dick of a guy that can buy her a bigger ring

P.S. Erica, I forgot to mention that I liked your ring today. I can say that your marriage to Crossle will be one that lasts for a very very long time. You kids are perfect for each other!

You all act like if you spend a bit on the high side for an engagement ring that you will never have money the rest of your life. :confused:

I agree, if you can afford it and she likes that kind of stuff do it.

If you get a ring so that it impresses other people then you got it for the wrong reason

Its not to "Impress other people" The first thing girls do when they tell people they're engaged is "Lets see the ring!!" And most girls can tell the difference between a 600$ ring and a 3500$ ring. You want to give her something to show off when she wants.

If you need high end material items as a major/only way to express your love you should probably save some of the money to buy a penis pump

If we express our love to our wives with a 3500$ engagement ring, thats fine. Most people express their love with flowers. Do you cheap out and grab some out of the bushes on the side of 270? Or do you go spent 60$ for a nice dozen roses?

My .02

I looked at what Erica wanted

I looked at my finances to determine how much I could spend without taking out a loan for it.

I then took that number in mind and started looking for how I could put it together. Rather than buying the thicker band of diamonds as engagement, I bought a thinner one. I had a custom wedding band made for 1 side of it thus leaving the second side for an anniversary or other special occasion. In the end she will have the look she wanted, I did not go in debt for it and she is happy, which is what is important to me.

I spent less than a stack on mine and my wifes rings and I still get a bj when i want it :fuckyeah:

if your gf demands an expensive ring then don't expect the marrage to last cause someone with more money will be layin the meat to her on the side, if you want to spend the money then so be it (nothing wrong with that) all I'm saying is the best women in life are simple to please

Back on the topic of helping the OP/being for serial. The owner of the Diamond Cellar is a family friend and Ive always liked dealing with them. Im also a fan of the 2 piece wedding/engagement ring sets. They fit together nicely and compliment each other. Dont worry so much about the $$$$$ as much as the thought that you are putting into it. If you are doing it for your future wife give her what she wants and show her you are committed.

Go see my wife at Helzberg Diamonds at Tuttle Mall. Helzberg has high quality products with an excellent warranty. They are also owned by the Oracle from Omaha so they aren't going anywhere. Ask for Tara.

-Erik

I work at Helzberg also! Love Tara, she's great!

My $.02, from an engaged woman who works at a jewelry store...

1. Don't buy from a small mom and pop store. As much as I love to support local businesses, it's too much of a risk. If/when the business goes under, you'll be paying out the ass for repairs elsewhere. Rings break/stones get loose/things need fixed. It happens, it's inevitable. If you buy the warranty from a nice stable company, you can get free repairs for the lifetime of the ring. It's worth it, I promise you. I see a lot of people come in and pay a ton of money to fix prongs, tighten stones, etc that bought from places like IDG.

2. Screw these guys, spend what you want. Talk to your girl about it, if it's not a surprise. Find a price that works for you guys and work with that. This is HER ring, no one else's. If it IS a surprise...well ummm good luck with that haha

3. To the guy who said he paid $8k for a 2carat diamond? SERIOUSLY? It must have been shitty quality. Nice cut/clarity 2 ct diamonds don't go for that price at reputable stores. They just don't. I hope you meant TOTAL weight, not diamond only.

4. Back to cut/clarity. Make sure you really take a look at the depth of the cut, etc. There is so much about the diamond that is important to how it will look. I tend to prefer round diamonds over princess cut, etc. because of the way they're cut. Round diamonds have more facets. Facets = shine.

5. I've seen people come into the stores with stones from Blue Nile that they thought were nice quality and at a nice price. Sure, they were pretty stones, but they had an iridescent hue to them. Makes them look less of a quality for what you paid. They don't include iridescence in the description online. It sounds like a great idea to buy online, but you're much better off seeing the stone under a scope before you purchase it. Oh and PLEASE look at the diamond under the scope before you buy it. So important.

Take your time, my fiance and I bought a few stones from different stores after we found my setting and compared them. We spent a really long time picking out my ring, but I will have it forever so it was worth it!!

Oh and he bought from Jared at Tuttle. They've given me amazing service and I think we made a great decision going there!

I work at Helzberg also! Love Tara, she's great!

My $.02, from an engaged woman who works at a jewelry store...

1. Don't buy from a small mom and pop store. As much as I love to support local businesses, it's too much of a risk. If/when the business goes under, you'll be paying out the ass for repairs elsewhere. Rings break/stones get loose/things need fixed. It happens, it's inevitable. If you buy the warranty from a nice stable company, you can get free repairs for the lifetime of the ring. It's worth it, I promise you. I see a lot of people come in and pay a ton of money to fix prongs, tighten stones, etc that bought from places like IDG.

2. Screw these guys, spend what you want. Talk to your girl about it, if it's not a surprise. Find a price that works for you guys and work with that. This is HER ring, no one else's. If it IS a surprise...well ummm good luck with that haha

3. To the guy who said he paid $8k for a 2carat diamond? SERIOUSLY? It must have been shitty quality. Nice cut/clarity 2 ct diamonds don't go for that price at reputable stores. They just don't. I hope you meant TOTAL weight, not diamond only.

4. Back to cut/clarity. Make sure you really take a look at the depth of the cut, etc. There is so much about the diamond that is important to how it will look. I tend to prefer round diamonds over princess cut, etc. because of the way they're cut. Round diamonds have more facets. Facets = shine.

5. I've seen people come into the stores with stones from Blue Nile that they thought were nice quality and at a nice price. Sure, they were pretty stones, but they had an iridescent hue to them. Makes them look less of a quality for what you paid. They don't include iridescence in the description online. It sounds like a great idea to buy online, but you're much better off seeing the stone under a scope before you purchase it. Oh and PLEASE look at the diamond under the scope before you buy it. So important.

Take your time, my fiance and I bought a few stones from different stores after we found my setting and compared them. We spent a really long time picking out my ring, but I will have it forever so it was worth it!!

Oh and he bought from Jared at Tuttle. They've given me amazing service and I think we made a great decision going there!

I have bought all of my jewlery from a mom and pop shop, but they have been in business for 40 years and I get all my maintenance and repairs done for free.