Where to buy engagement ring

JZig06

Jewelry By Michael. He will get loose diamonds in for you based on what you want, and then design a ring. I got my wife's engagement ring, wedding band, and my wedding band from him. Great guy to work with, and prices are very fair. Tell him Kale sent you.

If you want further info, PM me.

http://jewelrybymichael.com/

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, is this real life?

How much do you think an engagement ring costs? $14.75? Maybe $327.90 for the really, really nice one?

Very interested in seeing if you've owned yourself as much as I think you have by calling that other guy stupid.

Just not important to me or my wife to spend much on wedding rings, I happen to know Gary and thought that was a little much. I knew I was out of line posting that but you can bet I'll have more to say to his face next time I see him.

FYI, My wife and I spent about $1k 12 years ago on all 3 rings. Obviously i could care less what anyone thinks so I don't need something on my finger other then to show that I'm married, my ring was $90. My wife didn't want anything special either. So while I realize that someone could spend lots of money on rings, I feel that its very over-rated.

i wish i was exagerating, thats all the more money i could have put towards my motor lol. i prolly could have gotten something cheaper, but its what she picked out and its also some what of a christmas gift, so i bought it lol

You let her pick out the ring? :dumb:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/8/1/f2a7e10d-8087-44ea-ac6c-ebe60eac10c9.jpg

i wish some one would have told me this shit before i went and dropped 2K on my gf's engagement ring....lol

I spent well over 2 grand on my wife's engagement ring. And I'll never regret it. She loves it and so does everyone that sees it.

I guess it's a personal decision what u want to spend.

I would never, ever get a used ring from a pawn shop. That has bad luck written all over it.

My ring was 100$. I don't really care about mine. But your suppose to spend a good amount on engagement rings.

You let her pick out the ring? :dumb:

So what? My wife picked hers out and then put it on her credit card.

You guys are really making me LOL over this topic, who fucking cares? Hey if tradition is important to you, thats cool, if it isn't then hey step on up and judge me I could care less.

Just not important to me or my wife to spend much on wedding rings, I happen to know Gary and thought that was a little much. I knew I was out of line posting that but you can bet I'll have more to say to his face next time I see him.

FYI, My wife and I spent about $1k 12 years ago on all 3 rings. Obviously i could care less what anyone thinks so I don't need something on my finger other then to show that I'm married, my ring was $90. My wife didn't want anything special either. So while I realize that someone could spend lots of money on rings, I feel that its very over-rated.

you know where i live, come on over and say it :p

I always envisioned proposing to my future wife with a cracker jack ring and her not having a single issue with it. I can't stand Women who are obsessed with material objects / money (which lets face it is 80% of women). Deep pockets/$ do not always = love.

Now that I know that you know him makes your post more reasonable.

Also, FYI, I'll be the first to say that spending a bunch of money on an engagement ring is completely unnecessary. Sadly, I know this all too well from experience (read: poor judgment).

I went to Meyer's jewelers over in GC. They have a 10% coupon on their website that I always print off before I go. Paid a decent but not crazy amount for the ring, but I felt comfortable doing it. We waited a little too long on ordering the wedding bands though. They had them shipped overnight to the store and mine etched with the date for nothing extra. I'm sure most would have done similar, but it's always nice for them to do that stuff.

I've been back three or four times since to buy various jewelry for my wife and have always had excellent service.

Like others have said, make sure that you feel comfortable buying from whoever you go to. Shop around if you need to.

Some very good advice in the thread, although you've got to sift through a lot of crap, too. I think Smokey gave you some really worthwhile info.

I can make you a killer deal on an 18k white gold set, or on top quality (E-F color, VS1 clarity) diamonds separately. I've had spare jewelry for a few years now and am willing to sell it pretty far below wholesale. I haven't been willing to try to sell it online but would love to see it go to a buyer directly.

PM me with your email if you have interest.

I spent ~ 2 Gross Salary on the Misses Engagement Ring. Her Wedding Band was MUCH less. I got 2 Wedding Rings. Once is a "Dress" Black Titanium Ring. The other is my "everyday" Silver Titanium Ring. Both of my Rings were < $200 combines. I made her buy me a PS2 and a shitload of games to make up the difference :D

:thumbup:

KillJoy

PS - We like The Diamond Cellar ;)

I picked out the main diamond after looking at so many and then had it designed and mounted. I put in quite a bit of effort and $$$. It's more than just picking one up IMO, you should start by learning and understanding diamonds, so you can make an informed purchase.

I did this also. Try Stern Jewlers on High St. and ask for Grace, she is the owner. They are family friends. Its an old school jewlry store but they are awesome.

I spent well over 2 grand on my wife's engagement ring. And I'll never regret it. She loves it and so does everyone that sees it.

I guess it's a personal decision what u want to spend.

I would never, ever get a used ring from a pawn shop. That has bad luck written all over it.

My ring was 100$. I don't really care about mine. But your suppose to spend a good amount on engagement rings.

I agree with this.

I spent 3,500 on the wife's engagement ring and then like 600 on the wedding band. It was all based on the diamond's though. As the quality of the diamond's went up then so did the cost. The setting was only about 600 of the total cost. I always said I would never spend that kind of money on a ring but I did anyways and I am glad that I did.

My ring was 500.

She has a banging ass ring and she gets compliments almost every day. That makes her feel good so I did my job.

A friend of mine bought his wifes engagement ring from a pawn shop ,even though he can afford a way better ring and 3 years later he has never stopped hearing about it.

I spent $1500 total on my wife's engagement ring. My grandma is an antique jewelry dealer and got me a sweet ass 1 ct antique stone at an estate sale. With a $500 setting it appraises for about $8000.

Wife's wedding band was maybe $299 and mine was like $100 for Tungsten Carbide

LOL. Don't worry bro. Johnny Bravo a.k.a "Tilly" has over $20k wrapped up in the engagement ring he got his ex. http://smiliesftw.com/x/inoutugh.gif

Had to tilly ;)

I bought my wife a 2 carat princess cut solitare, on 14k white gold. Had about $8k tied up in it. I had a tungsten wedding band, cost about $600.

And I'm almost done with the divorce......