Where to buy engagement ring

JZig06

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to any jewelry store. Most offer warranties on the stones as long as they are cleaned and check regularly.

There is a big mark up in jewelry. Just remember that. Always negotiate the price. Be prepared to walk away also. Most jewelry store sales staff are commissioned based and they don't want you to leave. If you play your cards right you will get a huge discount. I bought a ring that was priced at $1399 in the store. Walked away $880 OTD.

I picked out the main diamond after looking at so many and then had it designed and mounted. I put in quite a bit of effort and $$$. It's more than just picking one up IMO, you should start by learning and understanding diamonds, so you can make an informed purchase.

First, learn what you're going to be looking at and buying. This will help lessen the screwing that you'll inevitably take. Start here:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds/diamond-education?track=head

You can look at loose stone prices on that site and get a feel for what will fit in your price range. You can also come up with your own levels of acceptable ranges for each of the qualities of the stone. My personal recommendation is that a higher color rating such as H can be masked by a great cut. The cut was the most important factor to me and what I was willing to pay extra for. If you're not buying a round stone, that can become less important.

I chose to buy a stone seperately from http://www.goodoldgold.com and had a great experience with them. I bought my setting from Diamond Cellar and had them mount the stone. They also custom built my wedding band. I would definitely recommend them, but I had my experiences with the Dublin store not Easton.

The setting is easy, just pick one you think she'll like and in the proper material/color.

whatever you do DON'T go to Zales. long story short worst service our rings have never come back correct when we have them sent out every 6 months to have the rhodium finish put back on, we've been married 6 years so that's alot of time screwing up. its now a joke between us when its time to take the rings in. they don't use an onsite jeweler any longer its all sent out to a 3rd party. but i will say my parents have used Jarreds and loved the experience there. but i don't have any personal experience with them

I got married at 19 so we just picked some rings up at the mall one day. Surprisingly enough they've held up pretty well for being 11.5 years old, didn't spend much, didn't get anything fancy. Andrews Jewlers, if having fancy shit on your hand is your thing I wouldn't recommend this route.

If you are up to a drive, I have a friend that owns a small jewelry store in Washington Court House. His prices smash the chain jewelers, always the same people to deal with and his name is on the building and hase been for ~30 years (2nd generation in the family) if I recall correctly. He is also the jeweler, all settings and sizings are done in-house.

I've sent several friends there for anything from 'out of the box' to custom made, they have all become loyal repeat customers. He has trade-ins available too that will easily compete with the pawn market.

Fox Jewelers. Let me know if you want any contact info.

go to any jewelry store. Most offer warranties on the stones as long as they are cleaned and check regularly.

There is a big mark up in jewelry. Just remember that. Always negotiate the price. Be prepared to walk away also. Most jewelry store sales staff are commissioned based and they don't want you to leave. If you play your cards right you will get a huge discount. I bought a ring that was priced at $1399 in the store. Walked away $880 OTD.

i wish some one would have told me this shit before i went and dropped 2K on my gf's engagement ring....lol

i wish some one would have told me this shit before i went and dropped 2K on my gf's engagement ring....lol

You sir are stupid, I said it just fucking plain old stupid. I hope you are trying to sound cool by exagerating the $2k, that is way too much. I could see $2k if you made closer to 100k a year, but I can't underdstand.

FYI, I could have given my wife a plastic ring and she would've married me.

You sir are stupid, I said it just fucking plain old stupid. I hope you are trying to sound cool by exagerating the $2k, that is way too much. I could see $2k if you made closer to 100k a year, but I can't underdstand.

i wish i was exagerating, thats all the more money i could have put towards my motor lol. i prolly could have gotten something cheaper, but its what she picked out and its also some what of a christmas gift, so i bought it lol

i wish i was exagerating, thats all the more money i could have put towards my motor lol. i prolly could have gotten something cheaper, but its what she picked out and its also some what of a christmas gift, so i bought it lol

:nono:

Its your life dude.

LOL, is this real life?

How much do you think an engagement ring costs? $14.75? Maybe $327.90 for the really, really nice one?

Very interested in seeing if you've owned yourself as much as I think you have by calling that other guy stupid.

I got one at Jared's in front of Tuttle. They weren't pushy at all with me. Helped me out a lot and showed me a few of the same ring that she liked that looked nicer and ended up being cheaper and saved me about $400. I get phone calls from them informing me about cleanings and stone checks.

I just got lucky and got out of the relationship before it was too late and did something stupid like following through marrying the crazy whore.