Tell me about the Kindle Fire

MrMeanGreen

No one has asked, and Vince's thread in September was about the 3G Touch.

I'm looking at buying a Fire.

Why or why not? I'd like something light that's aesthetically pleasing, I can read e-books with, and has internet access. The fact it's an Android OS is a big plus in my book.

Thanks.

Yes its worth it. They streamlined the features so that it could sale for less. No camera, 3g/4g to connect to etc. Dual core processor, screen looks pretty good, has amazon and android app markets. Its a good functional piece. I like having access to things everywhere (plus I get a discount on service) so the lack of optional wireless service was a no no for me. I decided to get the xoom instead but the Fire is a good device.

I've had mine for about a month, and I'd say it's absolutely worth it for the price. Obviously does all the e-reader stuff, but you can also use it for playing games, browsing or watching videos. Only downside is the Amazon software that they use to skin the Android underneath, but I think people have rooted them already.

For $200, you can't go wrong. Best Buy also has them out to try and weren't in demo mode when I was there.

If you want an e-reader that can also get online, then should be fine

if you want a tablet that does tablety stuff, then get a real tablet

I have a wifi only ipad and it's lack of GPS irks me. I'd love to have it mounted to the dash, telling me where to go with a giant screen

Yes they can... It's just a pain in the ass to do. Tried it when I was playing with it to see if this was true.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Amazon-Kindle-Fire-Android-MArket-ereader-Kobo,news-13641.html

Amazon has very similar apps. But if you have to have one from the android market the work around works.... If you have another android device. Yes its gay but possible.

Edited by V8 Beast
needed more ........dots...