Upgraded DSLR Glass

Drewhop

Thats a kit lens. Came in my kit. Easiest way to determine a kit lens for me is that most of the Nikon kit lenses have a plastic mount (the part that 'threads' into the camera body). You can see in the picture its got a plastic mount.

I REALLY like the 35mm 1.8.

It was the first lens I bought outside my kit. The images are friggin' clear because its not a zoom, all the glass is in its optimum condition. Its so light, and versatile (aperture wise) its on my camera 75 % of the time. You just have to move your feet to frame everything how you like it.

Keep in mind a 35mm on a crop body is equivalent to 50mm, which is about the equivalent focal length of the human eye.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-35mm-AF-S-Digital-Cameras/dp/B001S2PPT0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324952245&sr=8-1

Thinking about picking it up so I can finally stop using the kit glass

As noted, it is a kit lens. The one big downside to Nikon overall is their own lack of lens options. You either get kit stuff or very pricey Nikon glass. Sigma is a decent option in some cases.

Andy. I have that lens. You are welcome to borrow it to see if it is something you want. I get very nice results using it. Try mine out for a few weeks to see if you like it.

Thanks I appreciate. I will get ahold of you some time this week and we can set something up.

I have a Sigma (Nikon) 50-150/2.8 for sale if you want to have a better option that is still very small/light for a 2.8 lens.

Just tossing it out there :)

Jeff

How do you like that lens? why are you getting rid of it?