Traverse, Acadia, Outlook, Enclave

Cordell

I'm so sick of working on these big peices of shit. Just this week, I've done wheel bearings, a transmission, a steering rack, 2 power steering pumps, 5-6 recalls for airbags and headlights, and right now I'm fucking with the parking assist bullshit that GM gives next to nothing for info on how to diagnose.

There are 2 others in the shop right now that other techs are working on, one timing chain, and another transmission.

These things are junk, don't buy them. Its not like they are easy to fix either, and god forbid it's all wheel drive because that just makes it harder. I look forward to these all being out of warranty so I can actually make money on these.

/rant, have a nice day.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sick of working on these big peices of shit. Just this week, I've done wheel bearings, a transmission, a steering rack, 2 power steering pumps, 5-6 recalls for airbags and headlights, and right now I'm fucking with the parking assist bullshit that GM gives next to nothing for info on how to diagnose.

There are 2 others in the shop right now that other techs are working on, one timing chain, and another transmission.

These things are junk, don't buy them. Its not like they are easy to fix either, and god forbid it's all wheel drive because that just makes it harder. I look forward to these all being out of warranty so I can actually make money on these.

/rant, have a nice day.

how many have you guys taken back on lemon law? and do you get paid any less for doing warranty work?

how many have you guys taken back on lemon law? and do you get paid any less for doing warranty work?

I know of one that was bought back, and yes I get paid less for warranty. Usually it isn't bad doing warranty work, there just isn't any good ways to get some of this shit off the car. In order to get the timing cover off the engine has to come out. There will be lots of aftermarket companies sending people to the dealer when the warranty is up because a lot of shops will shy away from these.

Wow. Makes me glad we didn't buy the Acadia we were looking at.

Doesn't surprise me, though: if Americans want bigger vehicles, they are almost universally going to be heavier and more wear-and-tear on components. However, that's a lot of warranty repair work.

My 37k mile Odyssey has some nasty brake vibrations...hopefully warranty will cover that...

Nope part of the job. I just keep sucking it up and getting it done.

Shitty warranty work is better than no work. Yeah we get shafted too doing warranty water pumps, and seat issues.. But we don't bitch on CR about it.

At least your not doing it for free.

GM LOL...

Shitty warranty work is better than no work. Yeah we get shafted too doing warranty water pumps, and seat issues.. But we don't bitch on CR about it.

At least your not doing it for free.

GM LOL...

I agree, just seems like all I've done this week. That and replaced some junk active fuel management lifters.

I just felt like bitching, and reminding everyone that these cars suck.