WTB Cam for LS1

gbracing81

I am looking for a small cam to go with my 241 heads. Nothing radical. Something similar to the 2002 Z06 stock cam.

Installing an LS6 cam is not worth the time, effort or money for the gains you will see....

Just my 2 cents.

Its his DD, he doesn't want anything crazy, just more power and streetable

You can go quite a bit bigger than an LS6 cam and still be 100% streetable and easy to drive, it's all in the tune and the gearing. My WS6 is my true DD and I have a 236/242 .615/.615 lift cam. But it is the owners choice as to what he does with his car, I just personally wouldn't waste the money.

Streetablility is a matter of opinion, I wouldn't mind DDing anything with a duration under 230. I had great gains all across the board back when I ran a 224 cam, bolt-on car. Kind of wish I could go back to that.

Keep in mind that LS6 cams have a smaller base circle that would require the correct push-rods if you aren't using LS6 heads.

I have a set of Z06 heads. They are getting "tuned up". When I get them back I will be putting them on and I will do the cam at the same time. Once the heads are off, changing the cam is only another 20 minutes of work. I don't want to put a whole lot into the cam for now. Thats why I am interested in this cam.

I am looking for a small cam to go with my 241 heads. Nothing radical. Something similar to the 2002 Z06 stock cam.

I have a set of Z06 heads. They are getting "tuned up". When I get them back I will be putting them on and I will do the cam at the same time. Once the heads are off, changing the cam is only another 20 minutes of work. I don't want to put a whole lot into the cam for now. Thats why I am interested in this cam.

You do know that 241 heads aren't LS6 heads correct?