Who else wants to shoot this?

stangsn95gt

Having shot a .357mag desert eagle DO NOT WANT. Crappy round in an auto, low-capacity, and one-off status make this pistol a novelty at best. Good for them for trying something though, because 1911s just keep selling and selling. If it worked with .38special and someone gave it to me, I might not regift right away.

Having shot a .357mag desert eagle DO NOT WANT. Crappy round in an auto, low-capacity, and one-off status make this pistol a novelty at best. Good for them for trying something though, because 1911s just keep selling and selling. If it worked with .38special and someone gave it to me, I might not regift right away.

Yeah it's a shame it doesn't function 100% with .38 special.

Edited by Mahle

What's the real benefit over .38 Super +P? The .357 is a little faster, but probably jams like the dickens and has to use special magazines, all while .38 Super has been used reliably in 1911s for a very long time with plenty of parts availability.

What's the real benefit over .38 Super +P? The .357 is a little faster, but probably jams like the dickens and has to use special magazines, all while .38 Super has been used reliably in 1911s for a very long time with plenty of parts availability.

.38 special +P, or even +P+, doesn't come close to the velocity of .357. We're talking at least 400-500 fps difference, which is pretty significant in pistol rounds.

I was referring to .38 Super. .38 Special is entirely different, and not used in autoloaders - for the same reasons .357 is not (generally).

My quick glancing saw about 200ft/s at the most, about 100ft/s on average. Factory loads.

Sorry misread that part. I'm guessing because .45 has been used reliably in 1911's for even longer. Plus it doesn't sound as cool as .357 in a 1911.