Man Awarded $8.6 Million After Crashing Into Pigs

Casper

That is so stupid.......... they proved the dude was wasted to boot. Not that the alcohol would have made a huge difference if the critter shots across in front of you, but I don't think he would have seen a sign if it would have been there! Not as bad as the dipshit that spilled coffee on herself and got a butt load of money, but thats in the top 25......................

Next time I hit some gravel I'm going to sue ODOT, they KNEW that gravel was there, and it kept coming back, so I feel they were negligent, and I refuse to put up with their negligence any longer. WTF?

Not as bad as the dipshit that spilled coffee on herself and got a butt load of money

in all fairness, that coffee was 190 degrees and she got third degree burns from it.

also, IIRC a mcdonalds corporate employee stated that they knew coffee that hot could cause third degree burns, but they had no intention of changing their practice.

THATS what she got paid for. because they KNEW it was dangerous and they did it anyway. coffee is supposed to be hot. but not that hot.

Edited by John

"If it were up to me, I would send you to a place far away. A place where you were locked up with other dangerous people for a time determined by the degree of your crime. Unfortunately, as far as I know, no such place exists, so I have to let you go free."

"Oh and it was prison you were thinking of."

"Oh, I already banged my hammer!"

in all fairness, that coffee was 190 degrees and she got third degree burns from it.

also, IIRC a mcdonalds corporate employee stated that they knew coffee that hot could cause third degree burns, but they had no intention of changing their practice.

THATS what she got paid for. because they KNEW it was dangerous and they did it anyway. coffee is supposed to be hot. but not that hot.

buuuuut, she placed the coffee between her legs ... its coffee, its supposed to be hot... that's just not smart. I'm not saying that McDs was right for serving it that hot, but there was a bit of stupidity from both ends.

IIRC they had pulled over and she was trying to take teh lid off to add cream and sugar and it spilled all over her. the jury found her 20% at fault and reduced her compensation from like 200K to 160K. they awarded her almost 3 million in punitive damages which was reduced by the court to something like 500K... however she entered into a secret agreement with mcdonalds and no one knows what she really got...

IIRC they had pulled over and she was trying to take teh lid off to add cream and sugar and it spilled all over her. the jury found her 20% at fault and reduced her compensation from like 200K to 160K. they awarded her almost 3 million in punitive damages which was reduced by the court to something like 500K... however she entered into a secret agreement with mcdonalds and no one knows what she really got...

free iced coffee for life???

did anybody catch at the end the wife was awarded money also.

Rogers' wife, Kristin Finn, also was awarded $500,000 for "loss of consortium."

In the case what does 500,000 buy for a women? It looks like this is the is to cover the loss of sex for the rest of her life, or maybe it pays for her sex?

did anybody catch at the end the wife was awarded money also.

Rogers' wife, Kristin Finn, also was awarded $500,000 for "loss of consortium."

In the case what does 500,000 buy for a women? It looks like this is the is to cover the loss of sex for the rest of her life, or maybe it pays for her sex?

I don't have a problem with that, I have a problem with the blame game. I don't think it is the states fault to begin with. Buuuuuuuuuut since it was decided it was the states fault, I think thats the least they could give the wife... sounds like her husband is a veggie now and it was declared someone else's fault. Loss of sex, wages, and a life partner