Milling Heads

Wes Stone

I've seen ppl mill the 317's down to .050. I just want to get it to stock LS1 compression and still be able to run a decent cam. I think i'm already going to have some PTV issue's with the .030 and say an MS4. I'm having Pat G @ EPS doing a custom cam though. The 317's flow just as well as the 799's and 243's but have less compression. I figured a basic p&p and mill i'll have what I want instead of spending $400 on 243's and then still no p&p. We'll see what happends. If it sucks then i'll swap em out eventually.

I'll check on this M&M place since i'm in delaware.

Called M&M prices are GREAT compared to other places I called. I'm kinda rethinking this milling thing. I'm milling them bc I don't want to drop the cash on the 799 or 243 castings. I'm not sure if i should scrap this idea and just get the other heads or what now. Decisions Decisions.

The worst LS-Series heads still flow pretty damn good compared to earlier stuff, so try to keep an even keel. Not saying the others aren't better, but if these will flow nearly the same for less money, including the milling, why not? Just make sure you don't have to modify the intake at .030" and you're good. Or so it seems to me, though I'm not an expert. Mike can give you better guidance for sure.