Z06 or Grand Sport

ForeverMaker

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand sport=awesome

Z-06=more awesome

So are you just awesome, or are you more awesome? The only thing I'd trade my z in for would be a zr1. You should probably drive both cars if you're serious. My car was given to me as a gift so I had no choice--but I sure as hell would not have chosen the gs over the z

It depends how radical you plan to take it.

Will this be a bolton only car?

If you plan to do the basics with spray, I'd say a Z06. If you plan to TT/Supercharge it later, I would probably go with a GS (if it's just the Targa you want).

The LS7 can be a great FI car but if you are going all out, I'd probably still go with the GS unless you have $100k to blow away.

. And IMO is the best looking version of the C6.

The GS looks exactly the same as a Z06, same fenders and everything....

Z06.

My dad has NEVER taken the top out of his 08 coupe. On the c6 I don't think it would be that hard to take the top off if you really wanted to and swap a removable one in there... but you are giving up some of the torsional rigidity that was engineered in by making it a frc. I know a few guys that converted their c5z's back to convertibles. But as has been said before unless you are going on a road trip on some windy road where you don't have to stop you will bake in the sun... If you get the grandsport and change your mind later it will only cost you 14,500.00 for that LS7 from jegs + tax and labor.

BTW considering your potential resale down the road it is interesting that they cost the same with 2 less years of depreciation and 30K less miles with the only difference being a few cubic inches...