Z06 or Grand Sport

ForeverMaker

I am looking to pick up an '08 Z06 here soon. But I keep seeing these Grand Sports with the ability and take off the roof and that is really tempting.

I know this topic is beat to death on the vette forums but I wanted CR's opinion.

I do plan on tracking this car on road courses and at the strip, but over 95% of the time I will just be cruising. The GS has more manners at the limit according to reviewers.

So should I stop being a pussy and pull the trigger on this?

1101phr_16_o2006_chevy_corvette_z06nitto_phr_photo_contest.jpg

Or realize I am a geezer at 30 years old and pick up this... (not the actual cars I am looking at, just for reference)

7999690_49.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GS....You'll never use the full potential of the Z06 and you said it yourself you'd like to be able to cruise w/ the top off....I feel the same way. I'm certain for 95% of people a GS would exceed their capabilities anyways.

GS....You'll never use the full potential of the Z06 and you said it yourself you'd like to be able to cruise w/ the top off....I feel the same way. I'm certain for 95% of people a GS would exceed their capabilities anyways.

Better to have it and not use it than to want it and not have it, IMHO.

Well considering your sig you are the minority on CR, I cannot disagree with you more. Accerlerating out of a corner down a straightaway, or drag racing and I think anybody would be faster in the Z06.

My old boss and tennis coach had a 2008 C6Z and now has a 2010 GS convertible.

He was worried he was going to notice the power loss. But the GS was basically a Z with out the engine, it had the same brakes and suspension, I believe. After he got it, he was very happy with it, he said he couldn't really tell a difference on the low end when accelerating around town. But he could tell a difference in the upper MPH end, but didn't bother him that much since it's his daily and he wanted to be able to drop the top.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz243/Dakota740408/2010%20Grand%20Sport/corvette0113.jpg

The white grandsport above is a very sharp looking vette though. That color combo really makes the car.

It looks killer in person. His C6Z was red with the comp gray rims. Looked pretty good to me, so good in fact that I got a hold of the comp gray wheel color paint for my CCW 505A's. I have the paint (Which if I knew how much it was going to cost, I wouldn't of done it, ha) just haven't had time to get the deed done.

I am looking to pick up an '08 Z06 here soon. But I keep seeing these Grand Sports with the ability and take off the roof and that is really tempting.

I know this topic is beat to death on the vette forums but I wanted CR's opinion.

I do plan on tracking this car on road courses and at the strip, but over 95% of the time I will just be cruising.

Or realize I am a geezer at 30 years old and pick up this... (not the actual cars I am looking at, just for reference)

7999690_49.jpg

The silver GS looks great. I'd do that save some bucks and he'll, if you want more power just boost it in a couple years. Doing so reasonably Would give you something different and powerful still. Just a thought.