Vinyl Wrap installers I have a question

carl1647545492

Is it possible to diy myself and not to look like crap?

I saw a e92 M3 with a matte silver finish on it and it looked evil and it gave me a idea to do the FD.If I can find the car I will post the picture up.

Oh and I,m handy as a bodyman paint and such and open to learn,I,m wondering if "enthusiasm" and a little skill are enough.

From watching the guys that did all our trucks you will need a good heat gun, clean surface, good material, and try not to get it into crazy shapes. The heat will allow you to go around oddly shaped body parts and it will hold but eventually the stress will cause it to lift leaving air bubbles in areas you initially had to spend more time getting it to fit. I have seen it still look good after 10 years on nice flat surfaces with few curves but it's not meant to last forever so keep that in mind.

Its not hard. make sure you spray the surface down with soapy water from a squirt bottle and then squeegy the water out from underneath with either a credit card or you can buy a "vinyl squeegee" specifically made for that purpose at any art supply store. its like 5 bucks and keeps you from fucking up your diners club status.

ps, we did all the vinyl on our track cars, so im not talking out of my ass.

this link is a good guide with step by step instructions and mirrors how we did it.

http://www.vinyl-decals.com/Vinyl-application/index.html

the above mentioned methods should ensure no bubbles, but if you do get one just pop them with the tip of an excto knife and smooth it out.

good luck. post pics when you're done.

Are you doing the whole car? I would think a hood or roof would be fairly easy. An entire car may be more difficult to get any patterns to line up permanently. And I do not advise trying to wrap the sides and rear quarters of an hhr with a picture decal. Those guys screwed up I believe 5 decals before they finally got it right and even then it only lasted a few months before it started to raise off the tights body lines, leaving air bubbles which eventually broke under the strain.

http://www.dipyourcar.com/shop/page/3?shop_param=

read this website. This is an alternative to wrapping your car.

Looks soo bad :dumb:

A lot of FJ guys are doing that to the silver trim (looks ok), and the white roof... the roof looks terrible. You'd have to be a bauce at spraying it.