Nitrous Oxide VS Turbo for LSX

wagner

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Go with nitrous.

2. Analyze results.

3. Make decision on what to do next given your results with nitrous.

This is a no-brainer to me, my friend.

There will always be big turbos out there waiting to be put on your car.

+1 to this all day long. If I get a vette instead of a supra this is the course of action for me. Ls1's love spray and will hold long enough to figure out what you want to do from where you are at. I say go 2 stage 150shot and spend little money and run fast times. When the day comes to then upgrade to boost you will already be in the low 11's for sure maybe even high 10's with a good heads and cam set up and you will only be making the car more efficient at that point.

I love my turbo, like has been said already, it's always on. I built my motor first, drove it for a year making pretty good power. Then I bolted on the turbo, and made great power, with the potential for a lot more with a turbo more suited to my cu.in.

Downside to turbo set up, must do LOTS of arts and crafts to get it to fit :(

I am kind of on information overload right now trying to research stuff.

About to say fuck it and just be an average heads cam car.

Paralysis through analysis???????????

Fuck it Ill get a box of cutoff wheels and we can put the big boy turbo kit that is laying in my shop from the Trans Am on it :fuckyeah:

Fuck it Ill get a box of cutoff wheels and we can put the big boy turbo kit that is laying in my shop from the Trans Am on it :fuckyeah:

I'll drive my junker over there to get that done! :fuckyeah:

Well Wags there are about as many way to acomplish nitrous or turbo as your imagination will allow. IMHO you'll have to decide on the major aspects.

Do you want to keep any creature comforts?

Obviously much easier to do with nitrous unless you spend big bucks on turbo stuff.

Do you want to be able to return the car to stock at some point?

Again easier to do with nitrous, but not impossible with a turbo.

How often are you actually going to use the power?

Certainly not every time you drive it, but this goes into how fast the cost of refilling nitrous bottles will catch up to buying all the turbo stuff.

When you do build an engine how radical are you going to go?

Nitrous is pretty easy to upgrade in sections, a turbo that'll work well on your stock engine (not just the actual turbo, but the piping, intercooler) will likely need a lot of things re-engineered to see its potential on a built engine. This will likely be argued my many people but I'm a perfectionist.

Personally I like both power adders a lot, and can understand why it gets to be a hard decision. I have lots of ideas for both so if you want to sit down and draw up some of what goes through my head we can do that, you might find something you like.

From an engineering standpoint, nitrous is everything boost is, already cooled.

With the proper means to control and manage it, can't see how you could go wrong.

This... I hate how many supporting mods are necessary to run a turbo setup. Dealing with installing proper manifolds, running piping, mounting an IC, running oil lines and etc. is just a PITA if you ask me. Either way, you'll have to build the motor to support said mods down the road, I'd rather save cluttering the engine bay, for filling a bottle multiple times.

Plus, much easier to troll the fuck out of someone when you don't have a front mount and a huge turbo to hide. :gabe:

Don't tempt me...

Well Wags there are about as many way to acomplish nitrous or turbo as your imagination will allow. IMHO you'll have to decide on the major aspects.

Do you want to keep any creature comforts?

Obviously much easier to do with nitrous unless you spend big bucks on turbo stuff.

Do you want to be able to return the car to stock at some point?

Again easier to do with nitrous, but not impossible with a turbo.

How often are you actually going to use the power?

Certainly not every time you drive it, but this goes into how fast the cost of refilling nitrous bottles will catch up to buying all the turbo stuff.

When you do build an engine how radical are you going to go?

Nitrous is pretty easy to upgrade in sections, a turbo that'll work well on your stock engine (not just the actual turbo, but the piping, intercooler) will likely need a lot of things re-engineered to see its potential on a built engine. This will likely be argued my many people but I'm a perfectionist.

Personally I like both power adders a lot, and can understand why it gets to be a hard decision. I have lots of ideas for both so if you want to sit down and draw up some of what goes through my head we can do that, you might find something you like.

Case of beer, an Excell spreadsheet, and the internet should be all we need.

Turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo turbo.

im surprised nobody suggested a supercharger with n2o, i know its not one of the two things your lookin at, however a supercharger you get into boost a lot quicker than a turbo, and for what you cant make in boost compared to a turbo you can make up with n2o. depends on what you wanna spend though, you can probably get a centrifugal setup used for a really decent price, but i would go new with the blower itself or rebuild for reliability, or if you want to spend a lil more and be real nasty you could always go roots type. its just a suggestion, i was just thinkin of off the line power, with nitrous you can have that, but with a turbo you cant as easily, but since your goin for lower et's then a supercharger wouldnt be a bad idea imho

im surprised nobody suggested a supercharger with n2o, i know its not one of the two things your lookin at, however a supercharger you get into boost a lot quicker than a turbo, and for what you cant make in boost compared to a turbo you can make up with n2o. depends on what you wanna spend though, you can probably get a centrifugal setup used for a really decent price, but i would go new with the blower itself or rebuild for reliability, or if you want to spend a lil more and be real nasty you could always go roots type. its just a suggestion, i was just thinkin of off the line power, with nitrous you can have that, but with a turbo you cant as easily, but since your goin for lower et's then a supercharger wouldnt be a bad idea imho

:lolguy:

Roots blower FTL......

Wagner, what all is done to your car as it sits now?

Roots blower FTL......

Wagner, what all is done to your car as it sits now?

Yeah roots blower will not fit without cutting up the cowl...

On the car now:

~3500 stall

Headers and cat back

CAI

Tune (not that aggressive)

Lower control arms

Lower control arm relocation brackets

SFCs

Pan hard rod

BFG DRs

On deck:

9inch