Graphic...Drop the Weapon...

MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect armed with a crowbar was shot outside of a Carl's Jr. restaurant in Monterey Park on Monday morning.

Authorities say the incident began with the suspect breaking windows at Carl's Jr. in the 1200 block of Avenida Cesar Chavez just before 9:30 a.m. The suspect then walked inside, while workers and customers ran outside.

Police arrived as the suspect was exiting the fast-food restaurant. After repeatedly telling the suspect to drop the weapon, the suspect was Tasered.

Police said the Taser was ineffective, and the suspect swung the three-foot metal bar at officers twice. At least one officer opened fire on the suspect.

The suspect was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

No one else was injured in the incident. The officer-involved shooting is under investigation.

i dunno how long this will be up, but i'm gonna say justified shooting by the good guys.

tom

I dont know unless im missing something the suspect didn't do any harm on anyone, all be breaking windows at a resturant with a crowbar is pretty scary nothing is said that he harmed anyone. Then this one officer puts 6 rounds into him (which I am sure is plenty as he begun to drop after the first round) then he puts like 4 more into him as the guy is likely motionless on the ground?

Looks like excessive force to me. And besides that some pretty lackluster tactics, I mean they have tasers, dogs, all this stuff and their best idea was to get as close to him as they could (both of them) and have one guy pepper spray him at point blank to piss him off?

Maybe everyone else will see it differently but I have seen plenty of criminals with much deadilier weapons including firearms be taken down much more effectively without the loss of life of anyone.

I love how people come out to defend this moron.

He has some sort of what appears to be an axe or other object, who knows.

He walks right past cops with weapons drawn. He decides to to lunge toward a cop with said object, knowing he is surrounded by cops with guns drawn. There are rules in place to prevent loss of life of the officers. At that distance, they had to fire at him. It's amazing what can happen at close distance like that.

RIP Moron.

To clarify I don't feel sorry for darwin taking care of this guy through the police officers firearm. I just think that the officer that needed to put 9-11 shot into a guy, even pausing looking at him on the ground and firing off more is a bet excessive. If this was a CCW case I guarntee you people would be all over the CCW holder for excessive force.

Whether the officer or the hypethetical CCW holder would have got in trouble who knows, don't really care, just saying it is a bit exessive and if nothing else comes of this I say officer whatever gets a bit more tactics training.

i might be wrong here, but it seems one of the officers deployed a taser at :40, and the suspect removed the prongs around :42-:43. The armed suspect seems to turn towards the officer in a aggressive motion.

Done...officers go home to families.

tom

If that dude could take a tazer to the face and pull it out without going down, AND pepper spray, I would think he might have a good chance at getting a nice swing on that dog and possibly killing it. A fully trained K9 is worth 10's of thousands of dollars. I would have shot too vs sending k9 in.

dude got what he deserved. As someone else said, the taser was innefective, and he turned towards the officer. he was probably on drugs or something and was about to fuck that officer up with that crow bar he was yielding. I dont see why people get so butthurt.

think of it as saving us taxpayer money! now we dont have to pay to keep his worthless ass in jail.

and the second he turned around with that utility bar to swing at the officer. his partner did the right thing by opening fire. im not saying that 10 shots were too much, but he did the right thing.