Bad idea or no?

Hahn

Just been thinking/missing my old 93 MX6 lately and was wondering if you think it would be dumb to buy another and pick up where i left off. I know its not a highly sought after car but thats whats nice, not many around. It was a fun little tuner but after hydrolocking the engine i had to sell and now im thinking it could be fun to finnish what i started? Or am i retarded for even thinking it?

No reason to waste money, is there? After all, you say you drive a MAXXPRO. $1.5 million truck with 1025 fttq, should keep you happy until you find something with more promise. Cut the cord and be done with the old project.

Technically i dont drive it, i sit in back and wait for something to happen. But i see everyones point. I probably would throw way too much money at it by the time its said and done. Just dissapointed i never got to finnish it. Why were at it though, whats everyones take on the S2000? Is a 6' guy too big for one?

I'll buck the trend, then. The MX-6 is a nice looking car with an adorable little V6. It's not going to be particularly great at anything, but who cares? It'll still be fun to drive, relatively easy to work on, and cheap to mod. My only caution would be to hold out for the nicest possible example, because it will still be cheap and there's not sense in buying a beater MX-6 and throwing money at rehabbing it.

I wouldn't spend a lot of money or time on one, but I don't think it's the worst toy in the world.

how did you go from a 93 mazda to an s2000

Just browsing around. Not alot to do here on the down time.

I'll buck the trend, then. The MX-6 is a nice looking car with an adorable little V6. It's not going to be particularly great at anything, but who cares? It'll still be fun to drive, relatively easy to work on, and cheap to mod. My only caution would be to hold out for the nicest possible example, because it will still be cheap and there's not sense in buying a beater MX-6 and throwing money at rehabbing it.

I wouldn't spend a lot of money or time on one, but I don't think it's the worst toy in the world.

Thank you, im glad someone gets what im saying. Its not going to be a car on the cover of any magazines, but its CHEAP, easy and fun. (insert witty prostitute joke here). Just something that ive been toying with. The MX6 isnt for everyone, i get that. But it was my first "project car" that never got finnished or really even closed for that matter and its always kind of bugged me.

I agree with this, who cares what we think.

CR is the Judge of your life. If you buy something that Jones doesn't like, you will get a(n) "<auto maker> LOL" slapped across your face followed by several "<crappy car> VS. <your car> = <crappy car> WINS" and other various fresh, original jokes.

Jones lurks out there in the shadows waiting for your car purchase. Tread lightly and godspeed.