How to get concrete 1/2 mile away from the concrete truck

Sam1647545489

DSW warehouse on Fisher rd.

Thought I recognized that building. I worked there back when it was Eddie Bauer. It is HUGE, and since there are additions and expansions there are some sections that require trips like that. Golf carts were some fun back in the day...

All those little drop-down firedoors in the walls were for the conveyor/sorter system they had set up. You didn't need to use forklifts except to load/unload at the docks, it'd all get thrown on the intake and sent wherever it needed to go, then you'd stack onto pallets or in totes and use a palletjack. Bet that's some of why the floor is failing too, there was a TON of vibration and there were mounting bolts coming loose all the time.

That had to be a pain in the ass. I used the loader to do my basketball court and it just seemed like we were never going to finish. Did you have to pay extra for the driver to hangout?

I dunno yet if they are gonna charge extra since you usually only get 15-20mins per yard. So I will have to see once I get the bill.

Thought I recognized that building. I worked there back when it was Eddie Bauer. It is HUGE, and since there are additions and expansions there are some sections that require trips like that. Golf carts were some fun back in the day...

All those little drop-down firedoors in the walls were for the conveyor/sorter system they had set up. You didn't need to use forklifts except to load/unload at the docks, it'd all get thrown on the intake and sent wherever it needed to go, then you'd stack onto pallets or in totes and use a palletjack. Bet that's some of why the floor is failing too, there was a TON of vibration and there were mounting bolts coming loose all the time.

Yeah the second floor is getting bad. They have lifts up there driving around all the time just killing the concrete.

when you say "cement truck driver", that guy is exactly what i picture. that building is absolutely enormous

The other old Eddie Bauer warehouse out by Rickenbacker is even larger. Fisher was 4+ million square feet, Rickenbacker was 6+ million. I think the largest single warehouse in central Ohio is hovering right around 8 million or so.