Rubberized Undercoating...I think I made a McSteak

zeitgeist57

The weather's great today, and I was out tinkering with the Ford. After what feels like 5 weeks' worth of internet searching and thinking about what I'm going to do with the surface rust on the frame.....I look around my garage and find a can of DupliColor Rubberized undercoating. It was relatively new, and I remember I was going to use it for Cleetus.

I took my air angle grinder with a cup-style wire brush and went to town knocking down the surface rust. Then, without any real plan, I blasted the shit out of the radiator core support, and most of the inside/outside of the front frame rail. Everything wet better than exception, regards uncle dolan.

However, now I'm second guessing my rash decision. It looks great, but did I do enough prep work? Also, is this stuff going to start fading to brown? I'm not too worried as it won't see much daylight (everything sprayed will be subframe stuff) but wondering what other peoples' experience was with undercoating...

CLIFFS: Did a quick rust knockdown, then used a $5 undercoating. Will it hold off rust for a few years?