2011 jettas

SRTurbo04

I used to love VW interiors, but that just looks so blah. Especially compared to say, a 2012 Cruze:

http://www.boston.com/cars/newsandreviews/overdrive/assets_c/2011/03/2011-Chevrolet-Cruze-interior-thumb-607x427-34922.jpg

I feel dirty saying that.

I'll give that 6 months before the leather starts peeling off the steering wheel, and the "aluminum" trim starts fading.

I'll give that 6 months before the leather starts peeling off the steering wheel, and the "aluminum" trim starts fading.

I was just about to say, the new entry level GM stuff is no doubt nicer than what it once was but come back in 2-3yrs and you'll hate it just the same.

I have a rep who just turned in a loaded 2009 Malibu LTZ company car that listed for nearly $30k and with only 75k miles it's a rattle bucket. Looks great sitting still though. :dumb:

I've never owned a VW so I can't say anything there.

reviewer at autoblog sez:

Since this is my first stint behind the wheel of our long-term Jetta TDI, I'll take a moment to echo the sentiments of our past drivers. First, the interior of any 2011 Jetta is a big letdown for anyone who's sat in previous efforts from VW, with wide expanses of hard black plastic and barely any flair or actual style to break up the monotony. The vinyl coverings of the seats make your back sweat something fierce, especially if you're in the midst of a long slog on the highway. We long for some nice plaid fabric. The start/stop button is very oddly placed and feels like an afterthought. On the plus side, the in-dash LCD is nicely crisp and, for the most part, easy to use with its touch-screen interface.

Pros and cons of a 2011 jettas with the 2.0 turbo ?

There are no turbos in '11. They are in the '12s as a GLI (unless you're talking TDI).

I have not had the chance to drive a GLI, but from what I've read, it's a better Jetta, but not as sharp as the previous-gen or a GTI. If you're looking for something along these lines, get a GTI, find a late-model GLI, or a 2010 Wolfsburg Edition (in that order).

New body jettas are JUNK. I have owned vw's cars from 93-11 and ill tell you that vw sure cheaped out, the interior is made of real brittle cheap plastic that rattles and when you close the door it sounds like a pop can (or a jap/korean) car.

I worked on vw for 8 years and Id say they still sell a bunch of cars because they are priced to compete with toyota but if you are a loyal vw customer...you will be disappointed.

We just traded in the wifes 11 to go back to the mk5 jetta, we just picked up an 09 tdi.

Hmm they have the year wrond ona. 2011 then it said 2.0 turbo i4.

This is for my best friend. He kinda likes the 09 now.

Any tall big guys out there? He's like 6 4 270 . Also how big are the trunks? Enough to put enough firemans gear and crap?

2011 Jetta was 2.0 2.5 or tdi. No 2.0t until the 2012 gli.

What car are you actually looking at. Only about 3the people have replied that know anything about VWs...

And paul you know how big o am. Jetta is similar to GTI in size. Identical in 06 to 09.