paypal

russian rocket

is it just me or did everyone that uses paypal get the new policy? technically not new but seems to be fully enforced now. the 21 day hold on all money coming in. seems like bullshit to me. also now that they have done away with the money market, who gets the interest on the pending money....i bet i know who.

if this truely effects everyone, i feel sorry for the power sellers who will ship out a 1000 things in 21 days and all that shipping will have to come out of their pockets.

almost feels like paypal and ebay are going to run themselves into the ground eventually.

I had that happen with one sale - hold on the funds for a few days, but lately I've seen the money instantly. No issues. Fees are higher than they should be, but ease of use makes it worth it for me. Of course with Square - I do most of my local transactions that way.

I get paid via Paypal probably 5 to 7 times a week and 99% of the time it's instant. Only difference is if the sender of money sends as an echeck which can take 2 to 5 days. I probably do 25 transactions a month with zero issues.

I am talking about Ebay to Paypal transactions, anything else is instant..

Don't sell on ebay, problem solved.. :)

I thought Ebay has been doing it for a while. I also think it is what kind of seller account you have with ebay. The power sellers and companies that does a ton of business on Ebay gets instant. Like a CC transaction. But the private sellers, like people just want to ebay stuff they don't need gets a hold on their funds.

My funds have never been held when taking a paypal payment for stuff. But I don't sell on ebay.

I think maybe this is for new users. A buddy who signed up recently had this happen as well...

I can see that. Maybe there is a grace peroid that needs to be met and then it is instant? I've had my account for (I think) 10+ years. No issues with them at all. And I sell on eBay as well (on and off).