Car Ideas (for wife)

Xyster101

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Audi/VW land they aren't piggy backs.

They literally write in new software to the ECU. Often including multiple programs, including stock.

IE: On my cars I have 3-4 programs to pick from that can be chosen using the cruise control stalk. IE: Stock, 93, 100+ octane etc.

For service, you just select the stock program, let it write, then lock the programming. Mind you, I'm sure they could have a rep come in and find it with a fine tooth comb, but it's never been an issue to date...

Gotcha...yea

From what I've known and seen, all 335i tunes are chips (Like JB4). That plug into the ECU and piggy-back it.

Looked at the 335i, while I like the performance, the car has bland styling, not a head turner. She is really leaning towards that red coupe A5 stick v6. I am too, as I would rather have a few more ponies stock then chip a newer car. An S5 would be sweet, but anything around $40k has a fair amount of miles on it and new they are over $60k. I think I found 3 in 200 miles of here in stick.

The car I found was on Byers import site. If you want to check out anything from them talk to Justin Riddel. Good friend of mine and he can try to find anything at other dealers of you give them some time. I think they are going to the NJ soon for an A6.

An S5 would be sweet, but anything around $40k has a fair amount of miles on it and new they are over $60k. I think I found 3 in 200 miles of here in stick.

Ya, it was just another idea. I thought that might be the case but I figured it was worth looking. If I were looking for a sporty weekend car, I would want for more power at some point in either engine A5, at some point down the road. The S5 probably has enough power for most people for a 'fun weekend car' to never be boring.

I think you would be crazy to spend $40k on a DD car that is at the end of its warranty or 40k+ miles. Get something more in your price range or find something newer/lower miles...

I agree. Half of my toys are north of $40k but my daily drivers are below $20k.

I agree. Half of my toys are north of $40k but my daily drivers are below $20k.

Exactly,...I just don't see the point in spending big money on something that is going to get beat up and miles like crazy to/from work. That's why I had a TSX beater for work. Now I'm using my wife's previous BMW that's been paid for for years...

Don't forget this is for the wifey not him.

Even more of a reason NOT spend $40k+ on a used car that will be a DD...

It will be a DD for her, but that is only a 6 mile commute to work. We are keeping the 03 civic, for bad weather and such or heading to malls. We will end up with 4 vehicles for the 2 of us.

I like the idea of the S5, but since it is for her (70% of the time) and I want to be as cheap as possible while keeping her happy, the A5 seems to be a better way. We are going there today to talk prices.

It will be a DD for her, but that is only a 6 mile commute to work. We are keeping the 03 civic, for bad weather and such or heading to malls. We will end up with 4 vehicles for the 2 of us.

I like the idea of the S5, but since it is for her (70% of the time) and I want to be as cheap as possible while keeping her happy, the A5 seems to be a better way. We are going there today to talk prices.

Unless you are paying cash, it make no sense. Hate to say it but you might be kicking yourself over this purchase.

I love the AWD, but if you dont need it try a G8. People love those things and seem ok for the price.

Love the G8! My wife is always trying to steal it from me and she is BMW through and through. Get into a Gxp for the manual.