100 Acre Wood test videos

Rally Pat

If you missed it, Ken Block is running 4 North American rallies this year, including this weekend's 100 Acre Wood.

Ken's test video -

Dillon Van Way's -

There's supposed to be more released by other drivers, but I am hoping that Antoine L'Estage and David Higgins lay the smack down on Block. M-Sport's car has a lot more money pumped in to it, though.

I predict either a transmission failure or a flip, resulting in a retirement for Mr. Block :gabe:

I wouldn't count on transmission failure this time. His old North American Fiesta was a Olsbergs MSE built rallycross car adapted for stage rally. Adapted rather poorly actually. You can see in the video below the difference in suspension articulation between the two cars. The rallycross based car is a lot stiffer, which hurt him a lot.

This car is a Fiesta WRC (basically) built by M-Sport. Ultra reliable. He can definitely still flip it, though.

Side by side with our cars, there is really only 1 person (that I know of) who has driven the new generation WRC cars and our heavier production based cars, and thats Patrick Richard. He said in an interview that the WRC cars, while nimble, don't have the power that our cars have (more than likely from the fact that the WRC cars are 1.6l turbos, and ours are up to 2.5l turbos). I could see them being very equally matched. He can sling it through the corners quicker, but our cars will be going faster.

More 100 Acre Wood Videos!

David Higgins/SRT USA - http://www.subaru.com/enthusiasts/rally/article.html?uri=/rally/posts/02262012_140300/

Antoine L'Estage/Libra Racing -

"Crazy" Leo Urlichich/CAN-JAM Motorsports -

Official Event Highlights -

Meegan Rally Video's Highlights -

For the record, Ken won, but it was by an incredibly close margin with David Higgins. I also made a slight McSteak. Ken's "HFHV" Fiesta has a 2.0 Focus motor in it, not the 1.6 that the standard WRC car has.