Help me pick a color for my SSR GT3's

IVRINGS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all need 100% refinished. So that is why I'm trying to get some idea's since it is going to be redone. That gold isn't bad, but you need to do the full inner not just the spokes is you can. Also can you try Black please so I have an idea please. Anything else if you would just to see it.

• 2 months later...

Crapy pic for my last update before the caps get refinished today. I'll pick them up tomorrow and test what tires I will need to not rub once lowered more. Just thought you guys would want an update.

http://img.tapatalk.com/a693617e-eb6d-cf21.jpg

and test what tires I will need to not rub once lowered more.

http://img.tapatalk.com/a693617e-eb6d-cf21.jpg

what size / offset are the wheels? how low is the car?

tire brand will also make a difference as some are more squared than others.

My B5 wears 19 x 8.5 et35 wheels, tucks tires ever so slightly front and rear. Can generally run 235/35/19 with minimal rubbing if I run something with a rounded sidewall like a Toyo or Nitto. Last set I had was Sumitumo HTRZ III's and they were really square and rubbed quite a bit. Completely rubbed the sidewalls of the rears smooth from rubbing the fender. Thankfullly never went all the way through them. The older version of the Sumitumo ( II vs. III) is more rounded and what is slated to go on the car this year with hopefully much less rubbing than the prevous combo.

They are 19x8.5's also but an et37 I remember right. I wished I had a pic of the test fitting before dropping them off, but I'm not sure where they are. I'm sitting at 24.5" rear and 25" front as of right now before the new 2.7TT goes in from the 1.8T that was there. I'm pring out some coils to be able to set up what I want and to roll the fenders soon. I'm also looking at 225/35/19 in these brands:

Continental ExtremeContact

Goodyear Eagle F1(Disco price is nice)

Falken 452's(heard they wear fast, but strech well)

Nitto 555(found some online for under 700)

Yokohama PARADA (I love Yoko's, butI don't know many that run these)

They are in no order right now, but I want something for Summer only and good in the rain if I ever get caught out in it. I wished I could find my Potenza RE 970's in the same size, but I guess they don't make those in that size. I have 5 of them in 225/40/18's with 3 new and 2 used I need to sell togother to fund these. I'm going to swap out the two used for new ones so I hope to get more out of all new never mounted tires.