Audi Goes The Extra Mile

Mallard

I don't get why they lock up the cars at shows. I don't even give brands and models like that the time of day as it's a waste of my time when I go there and pay money yet don't get to experience the vehicle. Why even bring them to the show? Really, the cost of a simple detail and replacing a few knobs or parts that may be needed after a few shows is nothing. Manufacturers need to quit cheaping out.

FWIW after seeing this article and the guys garage, I think we should extend him an invitation to CR. Kirk's our local WI rep. for him too :)

Whether it was just a PR move or the Audi exec being a genuinely good guy I do not know. Still pretty cool of Audi to do that.

I would have been like, "Oh, where's the clutch pedal? Nevermind, I'll just get something else" :gabe:

I don't get why they lock up the cars at shows. I don't even give brands and models like that the time of day as it's a waste of my time when I go there and pay money yet don't get to experience the vehicle. Why even bring them to the show? Really, the cost of a simple detail and replacing a few knobs or parts that may be needed after a few shows is nothing. Manufacturers need to quit cheaping out.

FWIW after seeing this article and the guys garage, I think we should extend him an invitation to CR. Kirk's our local WI rep. for him too :)

If you read the response letter. it was a pre-production model. Pre production parts are not cheap or easy to acquire.

If you read the response letter. it was a pre-production model. Pre production parts are not cheap or easy to acquire.

Meh...come on, I worked in manufacturing and I grew up in the car business...they are fine with opening it up at the auto show. Cars don't get destroyed there. A quick detail is all most need afterwards. It's an Audi for Christ sake not a freaking Rolls Royce with hand tooled burled walnut trim. Just prop the driver's door open and leave the rest closed, rope off the car except on the driver side and a line will form, most won't even sit in it.

very cool move, for sure. neenah is about 25-30 minutes from me. too bad there are no good car forums in wisconsin. i just went to the milwaukee car show. pretty crazy, the nearest car show to me is 75 minutes away. pretty decent selection of cars but nothing really exotic---you couldn't get anywhere near any of the porsches, etc., and they didn't even have a GTR. they did have a zl1 and a 2013 GT500, but you couldn't sit in either of them. not much from audi was there--an r8, s4, and then a smattering of standard models. cars i wanted a 'closer' look at:

911 turbo--not there, couldn't get close enough to spit on it, even if it was there

cayenne turbo--not there

panamera turbo--there, couldn't get near it, or in it--$170k--lol--no room for 5

x5m--not there

GTR--not there

m5--couldn't open it or sit in it---looked cool

GT500--couldn't open it--looked badass, talked with a stealership that is taking orders this summer

boss 302--couldn't open it, but it looked badass

ttrs--not there

GCSRT8--looked cool, you could sit in it. good looking truck--

cts-v---coupe/sedan/wagon all right next to each other--all in metallic black--damn, i should have gotten that color

zl1--meh, i can never convince myself to like this car