Any thoughts on the Infiniti G37?

lcz06

The vette is gone and I'm looking to unload my daily 98 honda civic for just one car that I drive daily. I been looking at Acura TSX, Audi ?, newer civic, possibly bmw (most likely not). I really wanted a nissan Z but I wanted something more luxury upgraded, has some power, and a back seat. So I went and test drove a 2009 auto G37 and was very impressed. Possibly thinking about getting one. Not sure what to pick though, thought about Camaro but everyone says to stay away. What's you 2cents. Here's what they look like in case you haven't looked at one. I'm sure eventually I'll get another Vette some day or something like it.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/2991000-2991999/2991618_35_full.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/remo101_photos/Picture2017.jpg

I've been looking at them as well for the Wife. We are looking at 09+ TT's and these, I wish I could find a coupe thats AWD, so far they are all sedans and AWD.

I think Thorne just bought one, so I'm sure he'll chime in at some point.

I did some research into the G37 early on when I was deciding on my next car, and I think I entered my search with expectations that are similar to yours. IIRC, the G37 gets good ratings, though is considered underpowered by some relative to other cars in its class, namely the BMW 3 series. A nice thing about the G37 is that it comes with a lot of creature comforts that are missing on the BMW (or are costly options).

The G37 and a newer Civic are somewhat apples to oranges, I think. You mentioned Audi - I think an A4, A5, S4, and S5 should would warrant you taking a look. The A4 is the highest rated mid-size luxury car in its class, IIRC - and outranks the G37.

are you considering a car for modifying, or just lookin for something to keep a stock dd? i know the vq series of engines are somewhat expensive to upgrade compaired to other motors in other cars, as just a stock dd ive heard great things about them and im sure it would keep you happy for years to come.

I don't know a lot about the g37's, but they do seem to be a good all around car. The camaro on the other hand, depends which motor your lookin at. If you want the v6, id look into the 2012's because anything prior had timing chain issues that were supposed to be fixed on the "new" 3.6

I have driven a coupe manual a few times and never been impressed. Always felt slower than they are, and they weigh a boat load for being a rwd coupe. It get an a5 or 335 coupe well before a g37. They do look pretty good though.

G37 is a great highway cruiser with nice electronic bullshit asswarmers and the such. If you have zero chance of modding the car it would be a perfect fit. They are quite and more then comfortable going 80 on a straight road. Curvy roads work well too if you are not going fast. If you want power and torque I would lean toward audi or bmw.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/3/web/2991000-2991999/2991618_35_full.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww222/remo101_photos/Picture2017.jpg

Shame they don't come looking like this from the factory,even with "only" 300HP I would rock one as a daily.

I really have no idea what direction I want to go. Either way, I know if I get the G37, I'll be content with the car for a while then get really bored. Especially since I can't really mod it relevantly inexpensively. I'm ultimately wanting a better daily and then maybe get a C6 Z06. I might just get a newer civic or something like it.