Super Computer Geek Needed

Drewhop

I am getting a BSOD on a computer game. I setup computer to grab a .DMP file so I could look it over..

These are the two causes of the blue screens.

kbdhid.sys - This usually refers to a USB keyboard driver. I have a G15 Gaming keyboard with the most up to date drivers.

ntoskrnl.exe This I have no idea.

I have about 10 .dmp files and could post them up later if anyone knows a thing or two about them.

Using Windows Vista Ultimate. If you need anymore info let me know.

What is the full BSOD error message?

I will have to post it when I get home. Those were just the reasons for the BSOD in the file line.

This is the Blue Screen message. The DMP file has more information and I can post that information when I get home.

This is the message I get

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 3d

BCP1: 0000000000000000

BCP2: 0000000000000000

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: FFFFFA6004341E42

OS Version: 6_0_6002

Service Pack: 2_0

Product: 256_1

Vista was free. So I am getting what I paid for.

The problem however seems to only happen while playing one certain game. The message were for those errors listed. One other DMP file also stated Page fault error.

Ran memtest for 2 hours. Finally got this on 3 different lines

badram=0x8c843240,0xfffffffc

Then three more lines with more letters/numbers

Means you have a bad stick of ram. Try running it with one of the modules taken out and then swap them to see which stick gives you the errors. One of the memory blocks is fucked, sounds like a nice chance to upgrade your ram to A. something faster, B. more of it.

:)

Means you have a bad stick of ram. Try running it with one of the modules taken out and then swap them to see which stick gives you the errors. One of the memory blocks is fucked, sounds like a nice chance to upgrade your ram to A. something faster, B. more of it.

:)

Yep.

Both sounds good.

The numbers/letters are an address to a certain bit/location of the memory so apparently you have a few bad spots which is why your BSOD'ing. A temp fix is to just remove the bad stick and continue on your way, but your performance will suffer.

Ran memtest for 2 hours. Finally got this on 3 different lines

badram=0x8c843240,0xfffffffc

Then three more lines with more letters/numbers

what generation ram does it take? I have some DDR1 sticks I could get rid of for cheap if your interested (they're actually the most expensive ram to buy anymore as there not heavily in demand).