Super Computer Geek Needed

Drewhop

Sounds like a good reason to upgrade everything unless you can find memory for cheap-ish.

IIRC the 4GB (2GBx2) of DDR3 in my PC that I just built a few months ago was ~$30. That's $25 (55-30) towards new hardware. Sell the old mobo and processor for a few dollhairs towards new stuff. Throw a little money towards it and you have new, faster stuff for not much money.

Sounds like a good reason to upgrade everything unless you can find memory for cheap-ish.

IIRC the 4GB (2GBx2) of DDR3 in my PC that I just built a few months ago was ~$30. That's $25 (55-30) towards new hardware. Sell the old mobo and processor for a few dollhairs towards new stuff. Throw a little money towards it and you have new, faster stuff for not much money.

Seconded. And thirded.

run the memory tester that is built into windows 7, Also are you plugging anything into your g15? I found if i put things in the usb slots on the g15 my pc would sometimes crash when playing wow.

I highlighted the problem since it seems like you were thinking that plugging things into the USB was the issue.

Ran memtest for 2 hours. Finally got this on 3 different lines

badram=0x8c843240,0xfffffffc

Then three more lines with more letters/numbers

This doesn't always mean bad sticks of ram. I have had this happen on a computer I physically moved. It spammed my screen with bad hex addresses for hours. I turned off the pc, removed all the ram sticks and reinstalled them in a different order. memtest overnight gave zero errors. The sticks could just be loose from moving the machine. Also sometimes the chips will creep out of the slots.

This doesn't always mean bad sticks of ram. I have had this happen on a computer I physically moved. It spammed my screen with bad hex addresses for hours. I turned off the pc, removed all the ram sticks and reinstalled them in a different order. memtest overnight gave zero errors. The sticks could just be loose from moving the machine. Also sometimes the chips will creep out of the slots.

Reseating the RAM is not a bad idea before going out and buying new. Also I have seen a problem with RAM slots on the motherboard (sticks tested good one at a time). If you want to be thorough I would test each stick individually, and then test the slots by moving one slot at a time with one known good (tested good) stick.

I will reseat the ram tonight. Cause honestly the problem only happens when I am playing a game called World of Tanks. I have stress tested the computer, and ran other games maxed out for hours and not a single problem.

Last night after running the ram test I played the game for 2 hours and not a single problem.