Armalite Super SASS...Enjoy my new toy.

EVILGTP98

Zero rounds thru gun until this weekend

Armalite Super S.A.S.S.

Chambered in 7.62 x 51/308 win

Warne Ramp tactical scope mount w/45 degree offset mount

Nightforce 5.5-22x56 w/mil-dot reticule w/3" sunshade

Burris fastfire 2 red dot set on offset mount

Generic bipod mounted for now, Atlas bipod is on backorder until beginning of April.

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq146/JamieBear666/SASS1.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq146/JamieBear666/SASS3.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq146/JamieBear666/SASS2.jpg

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq146/JamieBear666/SASS4.jpg

My digi cam is taking shit ass pictures I see now, Ill work on some better ones but you get the jist.

Ill like it if it ever gets here I hope, from what ive been told military bought up all inventory they could get their hands on. So I keep getting mail updates and now there saying 1st to 2nd week of april, cant find a single one in stock anywhere. Seems like an awesome bi pod, cant see a reason I would not like her. Will post new pics when I get her in.

But being serious. What will its purpost be besides shooting pieces of paper

I can't answer for Jamie, but I built my long range gun for multiple reasons

1. The challenge of shooting something at 1000+ yards. I have never done it, and needed to right equipment to even attempt it. (Yes paper)

2. [shooting] It's one of the few things that I find relaxing and fun at the same time. We live in a multi tasking world. At any given time I am usually on my computer that has three screens, talking on a headset phone, and maybe returning a text all for work. Shooting is one of the only things that commands my entire attention and keeps it (aside from my kids)

3. If you buy them right, guns can be a sort of investment. I don't ever buy guns just to re-sell them,.... but at the same time I know if very hard times came upon me, I could turn a lot of the guns into cash fairly easily. It's not like dumping money into a car that you certainly won't get back.

4. Zombies. You know those mother fuckers are coming sooner or later:gabe:

Am I seeing this as a pistion set up? How does the slip ring area function with the hand guards? I have not seen a bold with the notches in if for the forward assist. I assume the placement difference from 5.56 to .308 might be due the round size difference.

The weapon is a work of art and one hell of an investment. Congrats on the new toy.

All of the reasons that Jordan stated above and more. I love guns, they are a work of art and I see this thing and it puts a smile on my face which very little does anymore. Can you shoot a man sized target at 1000 yards? I dont know if I can but I am sure going to find out. Why build a race car, buy a lambo/ferrari/GTR, because its bad ass and because you can, all I can say bout it.

As far as the gun operating system, its a gas impingement system. Looked at both it and gas piston and the military kept their SR25s at gas imping systems it was ok for my setup. The gun is basically a super sized AR15, tears down identical, just beefy parts. Now my bushmaster feels like a damn toy compared to this.

Oh and it weighs 17 pounds unloaded yeah fucking work out!!

Oh and end of hand guard on gas system has adjustments for firing supressed or normal, suppressor will be the next addition

If you don't mind me asking what did it cost to build/buy this setup? This is ideally what I am looking to build/buy next. Appreciate it, looks sick.

The armalite SASS is around 2500 and about 2000 for the NF optic/mount etc. You are looking at a 4500+ build.