the Trayvon Martin case

copperhead

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember upthread where I asked why Zimmerman's lawyers haven't released any pictures of him looking all battered and bruised in order to gain sympathy for his client?

Well, here's the latest and greatest from ABC -- surveillance footage from the police station from the night of the shooting:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerman-police-surveillance-16024475

I'll let you draw your own conclusions about if the guy in the video had a broken nose, had his head repeatedly slammed into a sidewalk, and was being pounded by a junior athlete, in the face, with such ferocity that he had to use deadly force.

Most Definately seems to go against what witnesses were saying, and what he said. The police said he received medical attention at the scene, but one would will still think he would show signs oh being in some sort of physical altercation.

Here is what the police report says:

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a swollen lip and had bloody lacerations to the back of his head.

Paramedics gave him first aid but he said he did not need to go to the hospital. He got medical care the next day.

The back of his head in this video, doesn't seem to even show signs of being lacerated at all.

Remember upthread where I asked why Zimmerman's lawyers haven't released any pictures of him looking all battered and bruised in order to gain sympathy for his client?

Well, here's the latest and greatest from ABC -- surveillance footage from the police station from the night of the shooting:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerman-police-surveillance-16024475

I'll let you draw your own conclusions about if the guy in the video had a broken nose, had his head repeatedly slammed into a sidewalk, and was being pounded by a junior athlete, in the face, with such feroci that he had to use deadly force.

I'm sure the paramedics would have cleaned him up before taking him in plus that video isnt the clearest so it would be hard to tell

The back of his head in this video, doesn't seem to even show signs of being lacerated at all.

Laceration just means the skin was broken. The Sanford FD cleaned him up, and probably wiped up some blood in the process, but none of the injuries warranted so much as a band-aid. You'll notice that about 50 seconds in one of the cops leans over to take a peek at the back of his head.

"Yeah man, he was like, slamming my head into the ground, trying to kill me."

Cop leans over, sees scrape, is unimpressed.

Also interesting is how much Zimmerman looks like a gym rat. Definitely haven't seen that side of him in any of the photos released so far.

Laceration just means the skin was broken. The Sanford FD cleaned him up, and probably wiped up some blood in the process, but none of the injuries warranted so much as a band-aid. You'll notice that about 50 seconds in one of the cops leans over to take a peek at the back of his head.

"Yeah man, he was like, slamming my head into the ground, trying to kill me."

Cop leans over, sees scrape, is unimpressed.

Also interesting is how much Zimmerman looks like a gym rat. Definitely haven't seen that side of him in any of the photos released so far.

This statement goes both ways. Most of the images released of M are several years old...

So i was pretty much done with this thread until i read this article:

http://news.yahoo.com/marchers-again-demand-arrest-trayvon-martin-case-171608765.html

And i have a few gripes/annoyances.

1.They refered to Zimmerman's gun as a "semiautomatic handgun". Are you fucking kidding me? All handguns are "semiautomatic handgun's" meaning you have to press the trigger one time to fire one bullet. Why not just refer to it as a "handgun"?!

But besides that,

"While insisting there was no call for a boycott, Sharpton said there could still be unspecified action against national corporations that support the "Stand Your Ground" laws like the one police cited when they declined to arrest Zimmerman. The law gives wide latitude to use deadly force when a threat is perceived."

Really? so now Al Sharpton and all the people marching for Trayvon are calling for an end to the 'stand your ground' law? Give me a fucking break. So next time you get mugged in an alley your just suppose to lay down and let it happen b/c you MIGHT kill some kid wearing a hoodie that had a family but lets forget about the fact he held you at knife-point to take your wallet. Fuck that.

Official Police report.

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2012-03/69081607-29132322.pdf

Good to know my Kel-Tec Pf9 makes a good self defense weapon..

For those in doubt about the police department surveillance video, he was treated for a bloody nose and lacerations to the back of his head prior to being taken in.

1.They refered to Zimmerman's gun as a "semiautomatic handgun". Are you fucking kidding me? All handguns are "semiautomatic handgun's" meaning you have to press the trigger one time to fire one bullet. Why not just refer to it as a "handgun"?!

Derp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handgun

Official Police report.

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2012-03/69081607-29132322.pdf

Good to know my Kel-Tec Pf9 makes a good self defense weapon..

For those in doubt about the police department surveillance video, he was treated for a bloody nose and lacerations to the back of his head prior to being taken in.

I think the police report is the final straw... morally/ethically guilty or not, he's going to walk free.

I just hope this whole ordeal doesn't "inspire" people to change gun laws and self defense laws.

I think the police report is the final straw... morally/ethically guilty or not, he's going to walk free.

I just hope this whole ordeal doesn't "inspire" people to change gun laws and self defense laws.

Agreed on both counts.

A person can not be found guilty unless it is beyond a reasonable doubt. There is too much doubt here, especially with witnesses. I doubt he will even get charged. Of course, he will have to hide from the Black Panthers for the rest of his life, so maybe some witness protection would do him good.

So i was pretty much done with this thread until i read this article:

http://news.yahoo.com/marchers-again-demand-arrest-trayvon-martin-case-171608765.html

Usually they call them "automatic pistols" or even "assault pistols." I was surprised that they actually go it right this time!

What does being a gym rat have to do with anything?

Just watched the video..

DOES HE EVEN WORK OUT?

Edited by 2pointslow

The report says the scene was processed. Others sources say the (county or state) DA determined there was not enough evidence (a.k.a there was strong reasonable doubt that a crime was commited) to press charges. The DA's opinion was strong enough to not waste time passing the case onto a judge to decide if it warranted a trial.

DAs are usually ruthless headhunters, so the above could say a lot about the situation that night.

Audio experts Tom Owen and Ed Primeau, who analyzed the recordings for the Sentinel using different techniques, said they don't believe it is Zimmerman who is heard yelling in the background of one 911 call. They compared those screams with Zimmerman's voice, as recorded in a 911 call he made minutes earlier describing a "suspicious" black male, who ended up being Martin.

"There's a huge chance that this is not Zimmerman's voice," said Primeau, a longtime audio engineer who is listed as an expert in recorded evidence by the American College of Forensic Examiners International. "After 28 years of doing this, I would put my reputation on the line and say this is not George Zimmerman screaming."

Owen, a forensic audio analyst and chairman emeritus of the American Board of Recorded Evidence, also said he does not believe the screams came from Zimmerman.

He cited software that is widely used in Europe and has become recently accepted in the United States that examines characteristics like pitch and the space between spoken words to analyze voices. Using it, he found a 48% likelihood the voice is Zimmerman's. At least 60% is necessary to feel confident two samples are from the same source, he told CNN on Monday -- meaning it's unlikely it was Zimmerman who can be heard yelling.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/02/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?iref=obnetwork