Swarm of bees at my parents house (Pics inside)

oh8sti

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know honey bee's were dying off. Good thing this didn't happen at my house as I would have surely killed them all. However; after seeing this I now know more and in the future should a situation arise I will handle it more friendly. Towards honey bee's only that is.

I didn't know honey bee's were dying off. Good thing this didn't happen at my house as I would have surely killed them all. However; after seeing this I now know more and in the future should a situation arise I will handle it more friendly. Towards honey bee's only that is.

Yeah, apparently it's some big mystery as to why they are dwindling in numbers and it could have major ecological consequences if they die off completely. Some scientists are saying it's more than "Where's my f-ing honey", more like "Why are there no more plants?".

Personally I say f bees but I guess as long as they keep playing their part in pollination they can live.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/adkc/Gladiator.gif

Yeah, apparently it's some big mystery as to why they are dwindling in numbers and it could have major ecological consequences if they die off completely. Some scientists are saying it's more than "Where's my f-ing honey", more like "Why are there no more plants?".

Personally I say f bees but I guess as long as they keep playing their part in pollination they can live.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/adkc/Gladiator.gif

I thought they found a possible answer to this mystery a few months back. Apparently, there is some sort of fly that's been laying it's eggs in the bees, and when the larvae hatch, it kills the bee and then they eat it all up; destroying the evidence.

I thought they found a possible answer to this mystery a few months back. Apparently, there is some sort of fly that's been laying it's eggs in the bees, and when the larvae hatch, it kills the bee and then they eat it all up; destroying the evidence.

I hadn't heard. Apparently we need to start burning those flies. :megusta:

When used properly, say both Bayer and the EPA, the toxin levels are not high enough to hurt bees. But many scientists and beekeepers say that, as in all pesticide regulation, the field research is questionable because it's done by the manufacturer.

I'm sure EVERY farmer goes exactly by the manufacturer's directions for how it's applied.

"Seventy percent of crops - apples, oranges, zucchini, melons, strawberries - they all need pollinators," said Vera Krischik, an associate professor of entomology at the University of Minnesota who studies the pesticides and bees. "It's a huge issue."

I'd say a definetly a huge issue.

Ahh Monsanto, you arrogant, greedy company, you.

Dead Bees to Monsanto = "Acceptable Collateral Loss" :thumbdown

I'm with other peeps: I keep at least 2 cans of WASP KILLA in my garage at all times...if it stings and is not a honey bee or bumble bee, it dies a painful chemical death with the ASAP.

WASPS DIAF

HORNETS DIAF

YELLAJACKETS DIAF

HONEY BEES FTMFW

...until Africanized bees come into town...then they unfortunately all have to die. :(