I pray this is just casued from sitting so long..

FocusDave01

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and temp was in the 50's bike was at about 150 degrees or so, and again no smoke comes out only when riding at full throttle, i do know now tho lol that you dont rev bike high when sitting ...

Not unless you're trying to launch internal components into low Earth orbit....

Check the fluid levels' date=' make sure all is well and ride the damn bike. I'm sure it is fine. If it isn't... she'll let you know eventually. Not much you can do about it at this point, right??[/quote']

this is true...i just dont want to find out down the rd that it was a serious problem and be out a motor or something lol but maybe im just :beathorse:

99% chance nothing is wrong at all. It was most likely just condensation. I wouldn't worry about it unless in 2-3 days it still happens.

And don't fucking rev it like that. You might as well put a ricer wing on it if you're going to do that shit. Not trying to be mean, but that shit is annoying as hell and it destroys your motor. Sportbike engines aren't meant to be revved that high without some sort of load.

99% chance nothing is wrong at all. It was most likely just condensation. I wouldn't worry about it unless in 2-3 days it still happens.

And don't fucking rev it like that. You might as well put a ricer wing on it if you're going to do that shit. Not trying to be mean, but that shit is annoying as hell and it destroys your motor. Sportbike engines aren't meant to be revved that high without some sort of load.

good advice man, lesson learned no more "fukus" dave days lol

Piping is only cool at 2a in the campground at Mid Ohio during the AMA Superbike races *cough* Chaz *cough*.

I really need to buy a junker bike to take there this year for the sole purpose of blowing up.

That gas went bad months ago !! !

And if your bike is warmed up first you can bounce it off the limiter ??

I always think it is better to break them in at high RPM's after the first thousand miles or so anyways !!

I'm not giving advise only expressing my beliefs !! hahahahahaha

well im gonna wait it out for a week or so and see if it still does it it ill take it to cycle specialties i was there earlier and talked to the guy there so im just prayin lol. hey flounder also chris says hi he a good bud of mine him and his dad help me out alot with my bike and bike in the past, he mentioned if i hear from you to say hi, i always forget his last name lol

well im gonna wait it out for a week or so and see if it still does it it ill take it to cycle specialties i was there earlier and talked to the guy there so im just prayin lol. hey flounder also chris says hi he a good bud of mine him and his dad help me out alot with my bike and bike in the past, he mentioned if i hear from you to say hi, i always forget his last name lol

Chris Clever? If so, get his cell number for me as I lost it. Havent seen that guy in years.

it happens. what color was the smoke? this is an important fact. white smoke is oil, and thats bad. if its dark, might not be anything. if you go to a dyno day, you see tons of smoke comin out of peoples bikes...

white smoke is actually antifreeze. Blue smoke is oil. :D

your not the only one mako read my thread but who knew what happened early when i talked to you on the phone... so how ur buddy doin with his bike ?

hes got 2 bikes and the new motard he got had a bad battery. we were on our way to meet you and the thing cut out and we couldnt get it started so i had to ride back, get his truck then load it up and bring it back. then the gix started actin funny too! bad day for bikes i guess

Check you fluids. Are they all up to level? Is the oil have any milky white stuff in it? does the smoke smell like anti freeze? Did you put something in the tank before you stored it (stabile)? too much oil? Does the bike run a power commander?

Make sure you didn't have some type of animal set up shop in the pipe over the winter.

Finally do a leak down on the cylinders make sure they all have compression and check your plugs.

my guess is the bike might be too rich and its unburnt fuel. Otherwise you might be burning a little oil on load. Keep on eye on your oil level.

Edited by c7fx

Check you fluids. Are they all up to level? Is the oil have any milky white stuff in it? does the smoke smell like anti freeze? Did you put something in the tank before you stored it (stabile)? too much oil? Does the bike run a power commander?

Make sure you didn't have some type of animal set up shop in the pipe over the winter.

Finally do a leak down on the cylinders make sure they all have compression and check your plugs.

my guess is the bike might be too rich and its unburnt fuel. Otherwise you might be burning a little oil on load. Keep on eye on your oil level.

thanks man for the info. as far as i know the bike sat at the dealership for 4-6 months, all the fluid levels seem fine bike doesnt over heat, again only smokes at full throttle gonna do a thorough check over saturday when i get her on stands.

i know man it does i mean it took 2 weeks jsut to fix the fork seals that where busted god knows what it would cost and how long id be out the bike if something internal was bad, on a side note the bike does not ever have any smoke coming from it when its idleing its only when i get on it hard...if that makes any differance no sputtering or back fireing and the bike doesnt leak anything oil hasnt changed color my buddy seems to think im worriing too much but from what you guys have said and what i have read on the net it is something to worry about..

if it needed fork seals already, I bet the first owner liked to do wheelies. and if done long enough wheelies a lot of times, I bet the engine was starved of oil on the cylinders and it's now burning oil.

check the plugs to confirm it.

Edited by serpentracer

That gas went bad months ago !! !

And if your bike is warmed up first you can bounce it off the limiter ??

I always think it is better to break them in at high RPM's after the first thousand miles or so anyways !!

I'm not giving advise only expressing my beliefs !! hahahahahaha

I know breaking in a engine can be a heated debate. I just bought a new engine for my truck. it came with a booklet and a chapter about breaking in the engine.

it said to let the engine run at a fast idle until it comes up to normal operating temp. then let it cool off completely for at least 3 hours.

take vehicle up to 55mph then let it engine brake and slow the vehicle down to about 20mph. repeat this procedure 10 times.

then the engine is broken in and drive normally.

I've never heard of this procedure before.

I would def never do the break in from mototuneusa that says to basically beat the snot out of it from mile one to get the most life of the engine. I've emailed 5 powertrain companies such as Jasper and none of them recommended me to use his procedure.

**** this is the link to the bad advise site, that is avised to not use it's procedure*****

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Edited by serpentracer

thanks serpent for the insight. yeah today im taking it to my buddies and we are gonna check all that stuff and give it another fresh oil change just to be sure theres nothing in the oil. ill tell you what for all the research i did on head gaskets and what not aside form the smoke that time it doesnt leak coolant doesnt over heat and water does not come out of the exhaust but what do i know ... lol thanks again man ill keep you updated on the process today..