Inspection Completed, First ride...

Squidy

Hey everybody,

I guess I'll start off by saying thanks a million for the tips on the salvage vehicle inspection! It all went smooth as butter :) As for the riding it was simply amazing, there really is nothing in the world quite like riding on two wheels.

The trip from Batavia to Mason went pretty smooth. The only hiccup I had was pulling away from a light next to Shell gas station in East gate. Another rider pulled up next to me; I looked over and nodded then he did the same. The light turned green to merge onto State route 32 and I got a little too excited (I guess lol) and stalled it :eek: haha.

I did notice all the sportbike riders I waved to waved right back, but the majority of the cruiser riders didn’t even turn a cheek. Not really a big deal, I always thought it was just respect for a fellow rider we all have.

I'm praying the weather turns out good tomorrow and it doesn’t rain. I'm really looking forward to riding some more now that everything is taken care of.

-Danny

Edited by Squidy

+1.

I need to know.

Details on the inspection? Play-by-play?

Well the inspection was very straight forward and a LOT smoother then I thought it was going to be!!

I rode up to the State Highway Patrol station in Westchester/Mason (You can drive without tags as long as you go to the BMV after) and went to the back of the building. Once you are in the back, there is a door the left of the two large garage doors. Just walk on in and follow the signs. Once I got into the office I handed the officer at the window my paper work and we walked out for the inspection.. The office checked the frame number and engine number and that was it. He asked about a few cosmetic repairs and made small talk then we went back into the office. I had to sign some paper work and I was out the door! Simple as that!!

Keep in mind if you are headed to the Westchester/Mason office (Exit 46 off of 275) the road you want to take is straight across from BP which is called "Hauck". Follow Hauck rd. until you reach a stoplight and turn right (you can only turn left or right) onto Reading/Cincinnati Dayton Rd. The station will be on your left hand side shortly after Gano Rd. (on left) in a strip. If you pass "Allen Rd." you missed it! Turn Around!! There is also a UDF down the ways more if you are thirsty or need some smokes.

Be sure to bring your title, paper work to get inspected from BMV, receipts of items bought for repairs, and your motorcycle temp/endorsement.

Hope this was helpful to all those getting their bike inspected!

-Danny

Edited by Squidy
spelling

I dont know why im nervous about this? I guess cause it involves OHP.

I bought the bike from a friend/member here. and currently have ZERO stolen parts. lol.

I dont know why im nervous about this? I guess cause it involves OHP.

I bought the bike from a friend/member here. and currently have ZERO stolen parts. lol.

Ha, I was pretty nervous myself actually. Just wanted to make sure I passed! I really wasn't into paying another $70.00 for a flipping piece of paper to be inspected again.

You should be good to go as long as you have your salvage title, paper from BMV, setup your appointment, and receipts for any and all repairs.

Good luck!

-Danny

Went to the same inspection station for my car a couple of years ago. It really is a piece of cake as long as you follow the procedure, and don't buy any "suspect" parts. Congrats on getting legal!