Ordered a Tune for the Saab

PRD2BDF

Pulled the trigger today on a tune for the Saab.

Stock is 210 HP and 220 TQ. This tune will bump that up to 260 HP and 280 TQ. Should help the Saab move a bit faster.

Here's a dyno graph from one of the customers' cars

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/stage0T8_dyno.jpg

I'm looking forward to it.

Got bit by the mod bug after loosing your first roll race?

Nah. Been thinking for a long time. Saw that I passed my student teaching internship with a score of 98%, celebrated by buying myself the tune.

If I get the tune here in time, I may consider the Dyno Day.

I'm excited. I want to know what 50 more HP feels like.

Can someone like Eric at IPS custom tune it? I have never had much luck with mail order tunes.

Saabs use some kind of tuning system that not many people support. I think it was called T8 something. Tritonic or something along that line. As a result there are very few tuners in the world (JZW, VTuner, Hirsch, MapTun, and BSR) I chose VTuner because of excellent customer support and low pricing. JZW requires that I send my ECU in for tuning while VTuner, Hirsch, MapTun and BSR include a handheld unit that saves your stock tune and include their tune. BSR has been iffy and is over 1,000. MapTun, barely heard anything about that and VTune is the cheapest and obtains the most HP after extensive research and work.

Only two more days before it arrives.

Tuned the Saab today. It feels nice. I've gained more passing power, more power for tooling around town (it doesn't shift as high as before to get to a certain speed) and merging/passing/pulling is downright scary (at least for me). The front end lifts as it accelerates hard, never did that before.

I'll have to put more miles on it but so far I'm happy