"Buffett Rule"

AngryBMW

Curious to others opinions.-Marc

It's a joke at best. My knee-jerk reaction is that it's just more of the "Let's take from the rich and give to the poor, spread the wealth around" campaigning that libtards hope will get them reelected. Who gives a shit about doing what's just and fair, let's just get more votes than the other guy so we can do what we want!

It's a joke at best. My knee-jerk reaction is that it's just more of the "Let's take from the rich and give to the poor, spread the wealth around" campaigning that libtards hope will get them reelected. Who gives a shit about doing what's just and fair, let's just get more votes than the other guy so we can do what we want!

Troof.

-Marc

My tax plan...

Let's stop giving people $10,000 dollar refunds when they only paid in $200

Negative effective tax rate :nono:

Fuck that. Just because I am a sole proprietorship and my taxable income is lower because of my write offs doesn't mean you can take my monies away :gabe:

estimated 47b in extra revenue against 1.5T deficits...sounds like another "look over here" distraction from failed policies.

That was my favorite part of the article.

1.4% revenue IF the wealthy to not move their money around...which they will because they are smart. What a horse shit plan.

-Marc

I don't understand why it would be different for different people. That is just mind blowing to me. why would i pay 15% in tax and you be paying 30% :no:

I am talking one flat rate on everything say 8-10%. Your only getting taxed on what you spend. Spending dictates how much you pay. You could make 100 times more then what I do but if you spend less you would pay less. How is that unfair? Maybe we just dont agree on this.

Yes, and this will never happen because:

- it makes to much sense

- will not get you re-elected

I hear this same story from every politician I have had a chance to have any real conversation with. They call it "political suicide"

I just don't buy it. There are obviously exceptions, but out of the two groups of people I know well:

Group A (makes good money/gets raped in taxes) = All vote

Group B (game the system/dont work/get way more back than they put in)= Don't vote.

Group B pretends to Vote,.. but they don't. They make comments about yeh so and so got my vote, and I'll ask something like what precinct are you in and they just stare blankly at me.

edit; Again I know there are exceptions,.. Just generalizations from the small set of data I have personal experience with

Fuck that. Just because I am a sole proprietorship and my taxable income is lower because of my write offs doesn't mean you can take my monies away :gabe:

:lolguy:

Technically its MY money,... Atleast until the 15th of April (or 17th this year) when they take it from me and give it to you.:fuuuu:

I am talking one flat rate on everything say 8-10%. Your only getting taxed on what you spend. Spending dictates how much you pay. You could make 100 times more then what I do but if you spend less you would pay less. How is that unfair? Maybe we just dont agree on this.

Because it would do the OPPOSITE of promoting spending which drives the economy.

I am all for a flat INCOME tax though. Fair is fair

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

Populism appeals to the common people, makes them feel empowered. Its something that all political parties use from time to time, and right now the liberals are going crazy with it. If one of the richest people in the country, who is conveniently buddy-buddy with the president, is saying he's paying a lower tax rate than his employees, while trying to make people interpret it as he's paying less than his employees, you know he stands to gain something from that. He obviously didn't get rich by not wanting to make money.

I hear this same story from every politician I have had a chance to have any real conversation with. They call it "political suicide"

I just don't buy it. There are obviously exceptions, but out of the two groups of people I know well:

Group A (makes good money/gets raped in taxes) = All vote

Group B (game the system/dont work/get way more back than they put in)= Don't vote.

Group B pretends to Vote,.. but they don't. They make comments about yeh so and so got my vote, and I'll ask something like what precinct are you in and they just stare blankly at me.

edit; Again I know there are exceptions,.. Just generalizations from the small set of data I have personal experience with

From an economic standpoint elected officials only do what is good for them in the short run. They don’t care how much damage their short sighted decisions do to the country or our society as a whole.

We have been set down a very dangerous path that will lead to even more serious economic issues in the future. Guess what? All of those debt issues in the EU will be coming to a theatre near you very soon. If our elected officials do not stop sniffing the butts of special interests you will see the Greek problem right here. Just insert all the trash of this country being pissed off because Uncle Sugar had to stop giving them money.

The more I have read up on economics, corporate finance, and government finance I can truly see how fucked we really are. It is one of the biggest reasons I don’t want to have kids, in 20 years or less this country will be changed in a drastically negative way.

It is one of the biggest reasons I don’t want to have kids, in 20 years or less this country will be changed in a drastically negative way.

Agreed. Too soon to tell if it would be better to ride it out or hit the road.

It is one of the biggest reasons I don’t want to have kids, in 20 years or less this country will be changed in a drastically negative way.

Ever see Idiocracy? Thats exactly what happened in that movie because while the people with brains knew things were going to get bad or they werent where they wanted to be in there lives. The idiots were just breeding like rabbits. Its a pretty goofy movie until you realize how much truth was in it.

Ever see Idiocracy? Thats exactly what happened in that movie because while the people with brains knew things were going to get bad or they werent where they wanted to be in there lives. The idiots were just breeding like rabbits. Its a pretty goofy movie until you realize how much truth was in it.

I have seen Idiocracy, it is called Portsmouth Ohio, the Jersey Shore, and most states south of the Mason Dixon line.

Take a look around my friends, you don't need a permit to fuck and there are lots of dumb people fucking and making more dumb people.