My wife wants better gas mileage...

Mallard

That sounds like a good deal on the Cruze. Is it a LS, LT, 2LT, Eco? What options? RS package?

I haven't seen the first electric bill yet, but it will be higher than it should be in the future. Tonight I'm running a 220 line to the garage and in the next few weeks I should have the charger and secondary meter installed. Then I can charge with fewer losses, in shorter time, and at a lower rate.

So far the gas gauge says it's still full and the engine has only turned on twice, for a total of about 12 miles or so. Typically we would spend around $120/month on gas for what the Volt has replaced. Supposedly it's only around $1 per day to charge the battery. We'll see how true that is soon.

I was genuinely surprised I could make my commute on a full charge, but obviously that could only happen in decent temperature.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcdaniel Auto in Marion is where we got it. Its the second car we purchased from him and he has really come through for us with trade in values especially. Its a LS with connectivity package. I'm really irritated that it didnt come with cruise but the steering wheel with cruise is available for 130. Supposedly a bcm update isn't needed per the cruze forums so its a cheap upgrade.

Guys are getting some sick mileage out of the Eco so I'm going to see if I can't do some of those aero mods to take advantage and save some money.

Do you get on voltstats.net? You can link your onstar id to the website and send data automatically. Look at the achievements page for electric miles in a day.

That's one BIG reason I will never buy one. I don't like over inflated costs on items like this. GM Priced this thing at what $40k because they can and knowing that the rebate will in turn lower the price to the consumer. That's BS in my book. By using it as a cap cost reduction on the lease is another BIG BS move. In the end you got what is a fair deal for you, but IMO it should be a $30k car and the rebate shouldn't have to be used to reduce the monthly. I should have that option if I choose, but knowing leasing like I do, I never would. Toyota did the same thing on the Prius and knuckleheads all over gave up the money to own one. My sister in law being one of them. No way is a Prius anywhere near a $28k+ car.

Great car but to me a GM Fail in many ways.

Gm mark up on these is $76...

I'm not on voltstats, but I use the OnStar app regularly to see how much she gets out of it. With her commute it's rarely below half a charge, but on the weekends we use most of it.

Not much is needed in the way of aero mods for it to be the same as an Eco. Don't they just have the active grill shutters? The rest was done with weight savings and high gear ratios.

Gm mark up on these is $76...

Survey says XXX

It's closer to $1,500+ Backside incentives aka dealer cash has been strong. As have deals for initial buy-ins to encourage stock. Holdback is over $1,200.

Regional Advertising alone is several hundred dollars per unit.

So GM offering the Cruze lease for $3k down and $95 a month now... :lolguy:

On what model? A crappy 1.8L n/a with cloth seats? Not a bad car, but the Volt is a bit more plush, and the 1.8L sucks.

There was a dealer in WI doing $250/month on the Volt, and the large dealer in FL is giving $2500 off invoice, which means you could get ~297/month with $0 down.