Sonic boom???

buelliganx1

Anybody hear this sonic boom that people on 10tv's facebook page are freaking out about? I'm in london and didn't hear a thing some people say it was a sonic boom others are saying that it was about 30 second long and sounded like a jet landing on there house.

Just wondered if someone on here that has actually heard a sonic boom before and doesnt automatically think that its some huge government cover up or aliens coming to get us has to say about this.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge and prolonged here in Delaware. Everyone who wasn't outside came outside on the whole block. I was upstairs and at first, dismissed it as a low flying jet. But then, it just got louder and louder. The whole house and everything within began trembling. I ran down the stairs since whatever it was now sounded MASSIVE and almost right above.

Once outside, I found I was too late to see what it could've been. Asking a couple who had been outside was futile as they didn't seem to know what it was either. I found this strange since it was partly cloudy and anything crossing the sky should've been clearly visible at different parts.

Any links to where others are talking about it?

yeah, around 6ish. I couldn't spot the aircraft, something sexy as hell no doubt. Nice ear-splitting rumble for a good minute+ up this way.

I definitely heard it in that case. I was at Arrowhead and it sounded like I was at the airport. I scanned the sky and couldn't see anything.

Myself I'm just disappointed that I didn't get to hear it, sonic booms are bad ass. I heard the space shuttle coming in over california once while standing on the wing of the plane I was on doing a pre flight inspection at first I thought the plane had just settled or something but a few minutes later when I walked into OPS and saw the shuttle on tv landing it dawned on me what it actually was.

I definitely heard it in that case. I was at Arrowhead and it sounded like I was at the airport. I scanned the sky and couldn't see anything.

Arrowhead golf course in Galena? I used to live about 1/8 of a mile from that place, grew up running around in the woods down by little walnut creek behind our house. Good times

I heard it too. I thought it was thunder or something. I was in my bedroom and was like, wtf was that. Looked outside real quick....then went back to jerking it.

:gabe:

Went right over my house, north delaware. Got outside to see it but was to far to figure out what it was. Prolly a 16 but couldn't be sure. All I know is if he hit mach someones getting a foot up there ass. lol

And that someone is the crew chief because pilots and especially fighter pilots do not make mistakes.lol

And actualy if he was responding to a civilian pilot busting a TFR that was in effect he may have been well within his regulations to break the sound barrier.

Edited by buelliganx1

This. Walked out on the deck in Galena and didn't see a thing but it def lasted a good minute or more.

Odd too since it was sunny and even though there were clouds in the sky it seemed like whatever it was should have been visible.

Jeff

Yup I heard it in new albany / 161 area. It sounded like fighter jets and huge cargo plane flying real low after like a takeoff. I had no idea what was going on but lately I have been hearing a similar sound around sunset - 10:30pm sounds like a low flying commercial flight at first then its sounds like a fighter jet blowin by