Sonic boom???

buelliganx1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many keep mentioning a sonic boom, but it didn't seem like one to me. What it sounded like exactly was the biggest fucking jet in existence hauling ass right overhead even though you couldn't see a damn thing.

Like this thing:

(If you can't see anything it's because it's an invisible jet, dumbass. Like Wonder Woman's.)

Many keep mentioning a sonic boom, but it didn't seem like one to me. What it sounded like exactly was the biggest fucking jet in existence hauling ass right overhead even though you couldn't see a damn thing.

Like this thing:

(If you can't see anything it's because it's an invisible jet, dumbass. Like Wonder Woman's.)

I agree most likely not a sonic boom just grabbing throttle and moving out.

Same here. Also in Delaware. After it continued for what seemed like forever I went outside because I assumed Arnold must be landing a Harrier in my fucking driveway. Never saw a thing in the sky though.

Aliens.

For some reason the Delaware sherriffs office is the last place I'd trust to know whats going on in their county. I am fairly certain that you only need to ask tower/approach/departure of airports for permission to go supersonic if you are within controlled airspace. Most of Delaware and Marion is probably CTAF controlled.

Ya, the only time I've heard what I'm pretty sure was a sonic boom I was in Mojave north of Edwards AFB. It was quick, like one would expect. And also as one would expect by the time I went outside there was nary a sign of any aircraft. I can't understand, from a physics standpoint, why a sonic boom would 'go on forever'.

Probably a fracking induced earthquake. :gabe:

For some reason the Delaware sherriffs office is the last place I'd trust to know whats going on in their county. I am fairly certain that you only need to ask tower/approach/departure of airports for permission to go supersonic if you are within controlled airspace. Most of Delaware and Marion is probably CTAF controlled.

Your not allowed to go supersonic over populated areas unless you have a good reason to do so. There are areas inside the U.S. that it is allowed but they are remote like Edwards AFB and the only things that hear it are the critters living in the desert.

I heard this as well when I was driving home from work, Sunbury and Dempsy. When I got home my wifed asked me if I had heard anything and I said yes. She was out side with our dog and the dog was going nuts trying to figure out what the sound was.

Sonic Booms are quick. Ive heard them on Carrier Decks when I was a kid. That wasn't a boom. Some jets must have decided to move the fuck out,kept it right on the brink.

I'd assume if they did break the barrier they wouldn't have to ask local authorities.

Sonic Booms are quick. Ive heard them on Carrier Decks when I was a kid. That wasn't a boom. Some jets must have decided to move the fuck out,kept it right on the brink.

I'd assume if they did break the barrier they wouldn't have to ask local authorities.

pretty sure they would have to go higher than local.