Vances and Gander Mountain - wtf??

evan9381

so a couple things I found out today while figuring out plans to purchase the S&W 9 Shield

Vances had it for $429.99. with tax, it'd be pushing $460. meh...so I ask my buddys wife, who works there, how much they charge for FFL transfer, assuming I can get it cheaper even if its price online + FFL. she tells me that if Vances can get the gun, they won't do an FFL transfer. WTF. granted, I have not bought a gun online and had to do a transfer, but is this something vances has done for a while? that seems like a pretty shitty way to get a sale.

So then, I call GM to see what they're selling them for. ask the guy "hey, just wanted to see if you have have the new S&W shield 9 in, and if so, what they're priced at". no BS, this guy says "if it's a new gun, we wont have it in our store for 6-12 months". WHAT!? i used to work at GM when i was 17-18, and while i didnt work in firearms, i dont remember that at all. how the hell do they not carry a new gun until its been out for 6 months - 1 year?

with that said, who knows cheapest place to get an FFL transfer?

Call me when glock has a single stack.

They have for a long time and in .45ACP. :D

I can only imagine the stupidity Vanve's puts up with on a daily basis. Just assume he's just throwing out an answer to get you in the store. They can make a sale and take your $$$ faster in the store. Commission sales folks have tactics we use.

I can only imagine the stupidity Vanve's puts up with on a daily basis. Just assume he's just throwing out an answer to get you in the store. They can make a sale and take your $$$ faster in the store. Commission sales folks have tactics we use.

One reason i prefer blackwing over vances. No rush tactics, no "hurry up and buy this so i can move onto the next guy who wants to buy something".

Vance's salesmen don't get commission. They are salary

One reason i prefer blackwing over vances. No rush tactics, no "hurry up and buy this so i can move onto the next guy who wants to buy something".

Depends on who you get at Vance's. I know guys there that will let you touch every gun in the store with a line of 50 people. I also know of a few who are just asses and will tell you to come back when you know what you want.

Depends on who you get at Vance's. I know guys there that will let you touch every gun in the store with a line of 50 people. I also know of a few who are just asses and will tell you to come back when you know what you want.

This. Most of the time I deal with Kyle (old rugby buddy), but for the most part the guys are pretty good about letting you take your time.