The "Im still talking about D. Wiggs 4 years later" thread

D.Wiggs

That also depends on displacement, noone really knows what he did internally.

Actually displacement only matter for spool. If your turbo tapped out it's tapped out plain and simple. To my understanding those turbos at 95/lbhr meaning on racegas he's looking at 1600-1700whp tops

He didn't increase the displacement by any significant amount, He posted the entire build on lambopower.

from lambo power

Engine

• Custom Carrillo Rods

• Custom CP Pistons (9:1 Compression)

• Custom Advanced Sleeves (.050 great than original OD & .5mm greater ID)

o Ductile Iron & Thicker at the top

o Ringed Sleeves with Head receiver grooves

• Copper Head Gaskets

• A1 Tech Head Studs/Main Girdle Studs

• Tri Metal Bearings

• Polished & Balanced Crank

• CNC Milled Coolant Floor & Sleeve Bones

• Added 16 dowels (8 3/8” per Head, 8 ½” to the crank case)

• CNC Ported Intake & Exhaust Parts

• Polished Combustion Chamber & Lower Intake Plenums

• Custom Machined/Designed Upper Plenums from a Solid Black of Aluminum

• 102mm Billet DBW Throttle Bodies

• Ferrea Springs & Valve Springs

• Custom Machined Valve Spring Seats & Retainers

• Reburned Oil Passages

• Relocated Oil Filter

• 321 Stainless 3” Turbo Feed Pipes

• Custom Header 2-1 Pipes

Fuel System

• Aeromotive 1151 Mechanical Fuel Pump

• Back Purge Electric for Priming

• Twin Entry Stainless Piping

o #8 Per Rail

o #8 Return

• 2200cc FIC EV14 Injectors

• Aeromotive Regulator

• Aeroquip Line

Transmission

• Post Processing from Liberty Gear (Hardened & Cryo Treated)

o Same Treatment for Rear Differential

• Custom, Proprietary Bonefonte Clutch (Twin Disc)

• Custom Drive Shaft Shop Rear Axles

Turbo System

• 2 GTX4294 Turbos

o Stainless V-Band Housing

• 5” Intakes

• 3 ½” Hot Side Charge Pipes

• 4” Cold Side Charge Pipes (the ones that people got their panties in a bunch about)

• 18” x 7” x 12” Bell Air to Water Core w/ Directional Velocity Stacks, AND Veins

• Remote Twin Heat Exchanger Cores

o Front Mounted

• 55 GPM Pump

• Titanium Exhaust Straight Off Turbos

Chassis

• 6-Point Cage

o 1 ¾” x 0.120” Wall 4130

• Stiffened Lower Engine Mounts

• Gusseted Lower A-Arm to Chassis

• Solid Engine Mounts

• Solid Transmission Mounts

• Transmission Nose Braket

• Bell Housing Stiffening Mounts to Lower Chassis

• Solid Differential Mount

Electronics

• KEYLESS, PUSH-BUTTON Start/Stop

o Aventador Start/Stop Button

• Custom Gauge Cluster

o 330MPH Speedo

o 10,000RPM Tach

o Custom Badging

o CTD Diamond Illuminates on Dash

• Custom Sound System

o Kenwood 7990 Head Unit

o Front & Rear Camera

o Focal Components, Crossover, & Sub (Yellow is their signature color)

o JL Digital Amplifier (Inside Dash)

o Custom Carbon Fiber Sub Enclosure

Carbon Fiber

• Custom Matte Carbon from MA Carbon

o Side View Mirrors

o Gas Cap

• Custom Gloss Carbon from MA Carbon

o Custom LP2000-2SVTT Shift Puck

o Seat Belt Buckles, Housing, Covers

o Air Vents

• Custom Sheet Carbon for Back Wall and Other Interior Pieces

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, saying the car "wont touch" UGR as far as power to the ground is a bit naive. Now, whether or not it will touch UGR in performance on pavement is a complete different question.

Not saying it wont hit the same numbers on the dyno, but there are at on of UGR cars running around all over the world, and people know how well they preform.

He is getting a lot of attention about a car making 2k HP to the wheels that doesn't yet run. I hope for his sake that the dyno sheets can back up his claims. If they do then I can see his company going somewhere. If he doesn't deliver, I could see the company going under.

It has been completely re-engineered. To NASA specifications. Don't be so obtuse.

-Marc

What did you call me?

http://storyfanatic.com/images/uploads/warden-norton-shawshawnk.jpg

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/399/Stop_being_obtuse_copy.png

I dunno, saying the car "wont touch" UGR as far as power to the ground is a bit naive. Now, whether or not it will touch UGR in performance on pavement is a complete different question.

No, it can still blow up. We all know how builds go.

He is getting a lot of attention about a car making 2k HP to the wheels that doesn't yet run. I hope for his sake that the dyno sheets can back up his claims. If they do then I can see his company going somewhere. If he doesn't deliver, I could see the company going under.

Either way, he is getting a lot of publicity... Whether, you, I, or anyone here likes it, his company is going to get business... its all over the interwebz, and the typical guy buying these cars, and then paying a company a fat check to modify them; often dont know a whole lot other than what they hear, and what they are hearing is about a shop with a 2000hp car, that does look quite BA (aside from the silly exhaust).

And even if he doesnt hit 2000whp, its not like he is going to advertise that, and if it does get out, even bad publicity is still publicity...

Or it could be a desperation gotta make 2K wheel on the dyno, but it will be a glory pass, and not what it will be running on the street through 2 wheels. Graph will be interesting for sure.

I mean even if it makes 2K on the rollers, how long will it be in the power band? If not for long, then a car with much less power could very easily out run it still. Especially if AWD and capable of putting the power down.

That's true, I guess I'm looking at it through a perspective of I know a lot of what he is saying is bs. That and I have enough knowledge of cars to know you shouldn't make claims like he is without (currently) being able to back them up.

Either way I still see him making premature claims, just as he claimed to beat Jamie, yet that still hasn't happened. The way I see it, if I had the money to have a high end car built like that, he would be my last choice with all the premature claims he makes.

I remember when I lined up last year on the street next to a procharged 2010 camaro making ~850whp and at the time I made a little under 420whp... and in a 1/4 mile race he had me by two, MAYBE 3 cars (I just remember it being close).... He spun and spun and spun, while I didnt.... Drag strip on DRs, different story...

Wonder how much D. Wiggs pays his "welder".

I sure as hell hope it's not much for those piles of hammered dog shit on there.

I saw some pretty solid/good welds on his FB page and "zac" (the welder) even posted some replies to my comments/critiques, he at least seems to understand what he is talking about, and the rest of welds I saw were pretty good... WAY different than the charge pipe (that he deleted from FB too BTW)

Lol I just found their facebook and saw that. I commented on it asking what machine the welds were made with. One of his pics shows a them using a craftsman mig and sitting on the ground welding flat plate (ever heard of a bench?) so I can only imagine the quality of the tig machine. Not knocking on the craftsman machine, but it's not the quality of machine that a true "fabrication shop" would be using.