Dents in header.

RedLudeSH

Does anyone have the tools/know-how to re-round 2 tubes in a stainless steel header that have been not only flattened, but shoved inward a bit. The piece it happened on is only maybe 14" long and its on a flat area. Thanks

Here's where the dents are...

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h182/redludesh2/headerpic.jpg

I hear IPS is god at denting things...

:gabe:

But you could try the dry ice technique. Or exhaust shops usually have the tools to do it.

I wouldnt bother...it wont effect your performance on your Prelude enough to worry about it.

I smashed up my header for months after getting dynoed on my supercharged GSR setup and threw it back on and made the same power...

I don't understand the water, freezer thing. The dents are really bad, almost pinches. It was a very expensive header that is no longer made. My car responds very poorly to basic mods as it is and I know these dents are very bad. The only solution I've seen that makes sense is heating it till it glows then pounding it out. It's thick stainless steel. Just didn't know if anyone had the means to do it.

I don't understand the water, freezer thing. The dents are really bad, almost pinches. It was a very expensive header that is no longer made. My car responds very poorly to basic mods as it is and I know these dents are very bad. The only solution I've seen that makes sense is heating it till it glows then pounding it out. It's thick stainless steel. Just didn't know if anyone had the means to do it.
I think the idea of someone cutting them out and replacine that part is the best idea.

This will sound funny, but an instrument repair place can do it. They repair dents in saxophones, tubas, etc. I had a motorcycle header repaired at hauer music here in Dayton one time after a bike went down, guy did excellent work. I'll see if I can find before and after pictures.

This will sound funny, but an instrument repair place can do it. They repair dents in saxophones, tubas, etc. I had a motorcycle header repaired at hauer music here in Dayton one time after a bike went down, guy did excellent work. I'll see if I can find before and after pictures.

This is a reaaly good idea. If they cannot do it then you may have to have the bad spots cut out. If they are as bad as you say, the heating method may not work.

the ice will push the dents out works great due it everytime i smash the header on my dirtbike

But brass is much easier to work with than SS.