07 GSXR Project- track prepped, street legal

Mojoe

I picked up this 2007 GSXR 750 in the Spring of 2010. The deal was right and I planned on laying it down one day and just hoped it's a track day and not on the street. I'm a newer rider and tell people I have a 250 with 500 on reserve. It's really just my reality check because I know I have more technique to work on. I have enjoyed riding, but road course tracks are far more fun than riding on the street. I say these things to paint an image of what kind of person and rider I am. When I bought the bike it was not a color I had seen a lot, plus I've been a fan of dark grey. Here is the stock look.

Sorry, I was not able to get the pics to link in without having to click on them.

before

So after a year with the bike, I decided I wanted some small changes. I keep it simple when I ride. All gear, all the time. The black and matte white theme kept coming to mind for keeping it simple. I needed help to evolved what I had in mind, so I talked to my good friend Justin, who was running Independent Motorsports (also known as Cycle Search) at the time. We merged our thoughts and the project idea was born. I didn't need it to go faster. I just wanted it right and to be quality. Shortly after the plans were made, Justin moved out of state to be close to his family. And I deployed to Afghanistan. I knew a few guys still on staff, but it was Casey who stepped in and said I will get this done for you and make it happen. He and a tech, Brain, were all over this. Casey was getting the parts and chasing the painter. Brian was brain storming a way to mix race prep track bike, with clean and simple. All the while, installing new Vortex shorty levers, Vortex case cover, Sato Racing frame sliders, Break away handle bars ends, GSR stabilizer, HID kit, 520 conversion kit, a new wind screen, replacing fork seals,Vortex rear sets, a stomp pad on the tank and dozens of small perfections he thought would make it better. We emailed endlessly back and forth. Some of the most crude MS paint art was formed. We had a sticker look, a wet paint drying while going fast, nothing was quite right. We all paused for about a week.

The known things I liked were the Carbon wrapped front of the tank, carbon wrapped lower Cowl and the rear piece above the wheel. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but in person, I love the way it looks.

Casey and Brian went so much further than me being a friend or a customer. It was their bike. Brian was consumed with a constant flow of ideas to get it just right. And Casey had his hands full sourcing things that were just right for this bike. Casey, knowing I love racing and a bit of rally as well, went and had stickers made with my last name and the American flag. They are placed just above the base of the mirror mounts. This is the finish result.

DSCN1951

Final

I'm extremely pleased with the finished bike. The service, the friendship, and just absolutely taking care of me and my bike have been out standing. From day one when I walked in their shop not knowing anyone, these guys have been top notch. If you have a bike question, a problem, an idea, you need to talk to Casey and Brian and they will get you taken care of.

As for it being this bike or that bike. I sat one every bike I could to see if it was comfortable. GSXR's were the most comfortable for me.

The Jardine slip on was on the bike when I bought it. I actually like it a lot. I haven't seen another one I have been interested in.

As for it being this bike or that bike. I sat one every bike I could to see if it was comfortable. GSXR's were the most comfortable for me.

The Jardine slip on was on the bike when I bought it. I actually like it a lot. I haven't seen another one I have been interested in.

The Jardine is loud but compared to the Leo or Akra it give a lot more clearance, my wifes 07 600 with a Leo actually scrapped a few times right on the edge of the can.

Thanks for the comments guys. The exhaust is very quite, until you get in it, but that's any exhaust.

There are several details that just aren't picked up in the pictures. I had seen dozens of pics in email, then saw the bike in person in January, I was like WOW!! Only a few more weeks until I can ride. Anyone hitting any track days, please let me know. That would be road curse track, btw.

Thanks again guys

Thanks again. As soon as there is a track day I know I can make, I will post about it to get more people to go. As for a trailer, I'm in the same spot. I have a friend who has offered a spot in his, that's the only way I can get there. I will see what options there are when the time comes.