sold

caseyctsv

Posting this for a person I work with. I have seen the car many times - it is very clean, no rust. It has just under 150,000 miles. Recent new parts:

1) New radiator hoses

2) New water pump and serpentine belt tensioner

3) Newer alternator and battery (May 2011)

It does have a slow internal coolant leak - per mechanic it is leaking into cylinder 2 and 3. Otherwise in great shape. Good car for the money.

Call the seller directly with questions..

Pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/casey02ws6/Sunfire1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/casey02ws6/Sunfireinside.jpg

Edited by caseyctsv

I have a young soldier returning from Afghanistan next month. She has worked her ass off here to clear up her dept. She is looking for a car exactly like this. Please give me time to let her see this and have her husband make contact with the number listed above. She is stressing bad about not having a car when she gets home next month.

Please, just tell me it's a good car with only the small issues listed.

I have a young soldier returning from Afghanistan next month. She has worked her ass off here to clear up her dept. She is looking for a car exactly like this. Please give me time to let her see this and have her husband make contact with the number listed above. She is stressing bad about not having a car when she gets home next month.

Please, just tell me it's a good car with only the small issues listed.

Not to mess up a sale.

But these are decent cars, but you did see he said its leaking coolant into the cylinders? Could be a head gasket, or it could have major issues like a cracked head or more.

Would be a great car for someone to rip the motor out and fix it.

Not to mess up a sale.

But these are decent cars, but you did see he said its leaking coolant into the cylinders? Could be a head gasket, or it could have major issues like a cracked head or more.

Would be a great car for someone to rip the motor out and fix it.

I thought about this too. I looked at a mid 90's Sunfire last year for my son and it idled rough pretty bad. I did some searching on the webs and found out the head was generally cracked leaking coolant and causing the motor to run rough.

At least the OP posted that it was leaking coolant. Might be a decent 2-300 fix for a good driver.

The owner is literally the nicest person I know. She is the second owner and bought it off a 2 year lease. She won't hide anything. I will tell her about the soldier. She was just going to scrap it but I told her it is too nice to scrap and will make someone a good car. I looked at cars for less than 3000 for my daughter when she turned 16, nothing was as nice.

So what are we looking at to fix the issues, cost wise if you took it to a shop? How much life is in the car with the coolant issue not being looked at right away? This is not a car I know much about, so it's hard for me to guild her her options. She likes the car alot.

Damn Scott, that is beyond awesome. Thank you. I can help with the work once I'm back. I fetch a wrench like no other. I'm not great at working on cars alone, but I know what someone is talking about that knows what they are doing.

Any idea what cost might be to fix this?

You can buy the 2.2 litre engines for next to nothing at a junkyard. I would say 250-500 range for just a engine. I am ball parking because my cost may be less just because of the amount of stuff I buy as well.

If you are buying a junkyard engine might as well throw a timing chain in when you get it. They cost right around 65-75 bucks for the set. These are awesome engines. I have sold hundreds of them and they are easy to take care of.

Edit

Also if I was not tearing my entire backporch up and repairing my basement wall. I would have bought this car already. 900 Dollars is a steal with how cheap and easy this car could be fixed.

Joe,

If you need help getting a hold of her let me know. This is exactly how I was hoping it would go, someone that needs cheap transportation can get it. With cash for clunkers cheap cars are hard to find. I did not think it made sense to junk it. I too am willing to fetch wrenches to fix it.

Thanks Casey. Our mission load is crazy right now and she has been working a ton. Our command came in today and mandated a day off for our section. This will be the second time this deployment, if that gives an idea of how busy we are. Thanks for all the willingness to help everyone. I will update with the outcome.