Rusty Mini for $65k???

zeitgeist57

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-30/rusty-mini-fetches-65-382-beats-keith-richards-pontiac.html

Rich people LOL. I love how this article softly ridicules how a beautiful '50s convertible owned by Keith Richards went for cheaper than this pile of junk...

...and I'm an expert on piles of junk! ;)

I had a friend of a friend back in UA that brought in a grey-market fairly late-model Mini from Canada. I remember very little about it other than it was dark grey and even being nearly new was a piece of shit. Why someone would pay that much for an old-ass economy car is beyond me.

That being said, I'll LOL when people pay $50k for a "survivor" civic si in another 60 years.

I had a friend of a friend back in UA that brought in a grey-market fairly late-model Mini from Canada. I remember very little about it other than it was dark grey and even being nearly new was a piece of shit. Why someone would pay that much for an old-ass economy car is beyond me.

That being said, I'll LOL when people pay $50k for a "survivor" civic si in another 60 years.

I'm hoping my one-owner '00 Passat with 300k miles will be worth a mint in 2030!