Best buy sells a fake Ipad

Buck531

This was uploaded in 2010.

lol Please, tell me that's not the same one they bought. Who keeps trying to make something work that has a fake sticker screen on it? lol Since when do you open an iPad and it's already on?

Still, that sucks ass. Im sure he'll get another one.

I can understand getting a replacement for his 'dud' without hassle, but to think he's entitled to a second one for free.... I immediately got pissed the fuck off. This is the typical american attitude where people think they're entitled to everything in the fucking world. I wouldn't help the dude out after saying some shit like that, either.

I can understand getting a replacement for his 'dud' without hassle, but to think he's entitled to a second one for free.... I immediately got pissed the fuck off. This is the typical american attitude where people think they're entitled to everything in the fucking world. I wouldn't help the dude out after saying some shit like that, either.

Not really. Think of all the running around and bull shit hes had to deal with..all for an $850 ipad. that justifies a free one to me.

Not really. Think of all the running around and bull shit hes had to deal with..all for an $850 ipad. that justifies a free one to me.

I too would have sued them or demanded in store credit for all the trouble he had to go through to get it replaced.. I would have been so pissed off when they said I was trying to scam them..

Also disagree. It's not like BB tried to fuck him. People that get all white trash and shoot for the moon over shit like this should get nothing for being shady. Do you need a fucking iPad to live? It's a fucking toy. Otherwise, them helping him out and getting what he should have received is their job, yes.

I too would have sued them or demanded in store credit for all the trouble he had to go through to get it replaced.. I would have been so pissed off when they said I was trying to scam them..

So, you're willing to sue a company over an apparent mistake because shit happened that caused you to have to drive around, thereby entitling you to select whatever compensation YOU feel appropriate? I have been fucked many a time, but that sounds crazy to me.

So, you're willing to sue a company over an apparent mistake because shit happened that caused you to have to drive around, thereby entitling you to select whatever compensation YOU feel appropriate? I have been fucked many a time, but that sounds crazy to me.

When he tried returning it they wouldn't let him because they falsely accused him of trying to rip best buy off.

If they would have said "Oh, ok.. Cant believe that happened.. Here is a new one.." Then nothing would have came about it.

After going to 3 stores and getting the same answer, he was at a dead end with no answer to get his shit replaced. He had to contact the news and get public about his issue to get it resolved.

I think he should be compensated for being sold something like that and being accused of ripping them off..

When he tried returning it they wouldn't let him because they falsely accused him of trying to rip best buy off.

If they would have said "Oh, ok.. Cant believe that happened.. Here is a new one.." Then nothing would have came about it.

After going to 3 stores and getting the same answer, he was at a dead end with no answer to get his shit replaced. He had to contact the news and get public about his issue to get it resolved.

I think he should be compensated for being sold something like that and being accused of ripping them off..

Makes it sound like a bigger hassle that I took away from it, but where's the proof he's not ripping them off and they just have to take it because he's willing to be a "squeaky wheel". Sounds fishy to me, and most of what sets off my BS radar is his big fucking play for more than he paid for. There are people this shameless. Lots of them.

I'm kind of playing devil's advocate here, I know, but I've seen this kind of shit go down.

Makes it sound like a bigger hassle that I took away from it, but where's the proof he's not ripping them off and they just have to take it because he's willing to be a "squeaky wheel". Sounds fishy to me, and most of what sets off my BS radar is his big fucking play for more than he paid for. There are people this shameless. Lots of them.

I'm kind of playing devil's advocate here, I know, but I've seen this kind of shit go down.

No, I completely agree... Best Buy doesn't have to accept shit if it's as fishy as this, like you said. He VERY well could have swapped it for a fake, retail stores see this kind of crap all the time. He has no proof that he didn't, and it's even more suspicious that he waited so long, and even tried to have it returned at a completely different store, in a different state. The red flag to me is the fact that he's DEMANDING a second iPad for free. It would be different if Best Buy offered a second as reparation for the mishap, but he's demanding one. At most, he deserves a $25 or $50 gift card, and an apology.

I don't know about you, but something of that cost wouldn't go very far out the door without some kind of quick inspection to make sure it's working as it should.

No, I completely agree... Best Buy doesn't have to accept shit if it's as fishy as this, like you said. He VERY well could have swapped it for a fake, retail stores see this kind of crap all the time. He has no proof that he didn't, and it's even more suspicious that he waited so long, and even tried to have it returned at a completely different store, in a different state. The red flag to me is the fact that he's DEMANDING a second iPad for free. It would be different if Best Buy offered a second as reparation for the mishap, but he's demanding one. At most, he deserves a $25 or $50 gift card, and an apology.

I don't know about you, but something of that cost wouldn't go very far out the door without some kind of quick inspection to make sure it's working as it should.

Exactly.

I buy high dollar stuff I don't open for weeks or even months after buying. Sometime I buy stuff I don't need immediately because it's an excellent deal and know I'll use it in the future. I had a new laptop I didn't open for 6 months....literally. Currently I have an extra Xbox 360 Modern warfare edition I bought in November...still sealed new in the box.

I dunno, I don't open anything at a store, I always wait until I'm home.

I buy high dollar stuff I don't open for weeks or even months after buying. Sometime I buy stuff I don't need immediately because it's an excellent deal and know I'll use it in the future. I had a new laptop I didn't open for 6 months....literally. Currently I have an extra Xbox 360 Modern warfare edition I bought in November...still sealed new in the box.

I dunno, I don't open anything at a store, I always wait until I'm home.

I never open stuff in the store. But I can't wait 6 months to play with a new purchase. Lol.