2011 Mustang GT Pinion angle

Does anyone know what the stock Pinion angle is. 2011 Mustang GT it is still a stock 2 -piece drive shaft. Stang TV had a great video on how to set the angle. But I need to know what stock is and what I should set after changing control arms both upper and lower.

Also, if I have -3.5 on the drive shaft and -1 on the pinion would that be -2.5.

Before, I made an adjustment to get to -2, if math was right I was at -3.5.

Here is the video I used. I don't really have vibration, but a sound that was not there before I start switching the parts out. It gets louder with speed and like a whirling noise. My friend who is a Ford Mech said it is probably just increased road noise from the new arms and bushings that transfer more road noise.

Here is the video I used to set my angle.

Also, if I have -3.5 on the drive shaft and -1 on the pinion would that be -2.5.

That would be -4.5, or so I thought. If memory serves me correct the maximum you want for the street is -7 and max for the track is -10.

Dont worry about the drive shaft angle. Just worry strictly about the actual pinion angle.

You need to know the drive shaft angle and your pinion angle right to calculate a total angle right?

I may try this I can simply adjust the pinion angle only to get rid of the whirling noise. So, if I have -x on pinion angle I simply adjust that angle only, and be done, that would be awesome.

That would be -4.5, or so I thought. If memory serves me correct the maximum you want for the street is -7 and max for the track is -10.

Well according to math guy or whatever on Youtube.

-3.5-(-1.5) would be the same as -3.5 + 1.5 = -2

that's actually the working angle of the u-joint.

You need to know the drive shaft angle and your pinion angle right to calculate a total angle right?

Yes. If you have too much angle between the DS and the pinion you WILL eat u-joints. This being said, setting the correct pinion angle will net good power transfer to the ground and will eliminate annoying wheel hop and excessive spin. The noise you are hearing is most likely noise transfer from the differential to the body via your new control arms and probably won't go away with setting pinion angle.

Yes. If you have too much angle between the DS and the pinion you WILL eat u-joints.

Yes, I understood that from the stat of project, LoL.

So, it goes back to the math.

-3.5 - (-1.50) = -2 correct

I need to know what the stock angle is so I can try that setting to see if the noise goes away. I also have to reroute the e-b rake cable as it is bouncing on the lower control arms and causing a rattle. The instructions said route them over under or (through the control arm just like stock) I went over top and I think as axle goes up and down this is causing a rattle noise. I will go under first then I will go through to get rid of that noise.

Yes, I understood that from the stat of project, LoL.

So, it goes back to the math.

-3.5 - (-1.50) = -2 correct

I need to know what the stock angle is so I can try that setting to see if the noise goes away. I also have to reroute the e-b rake cable as it is bouncing on the lower control arms and causing a rattle. The instructions said route them over under or (through the control arm just like stock) I went over top and I think as axle goes up and down this is causing a rattle noise. I will go under first then I will go through to get rid of that noise.

http://www.spohn.net/support/questions/1/Can+you+explain+how+to+set+and+adjust+pinion+angle%3F

I hope this helps my friend. :)

We are on to something it was to the left on the drive shaft, so it was a positive 3.5 it was also to the left on the pinion so it was 1.5 so I have +5

oh shit that's why I thought it may have gotten a little louder.