Vacuums - Lettuce disk us

Sully

Dyson hands down, I had a Hoover when my g/f moved in and she said it was junk, I asked why its just a vacuum she being a woman argued with me, went to her moms borrowed her Dyson told me to vacuum my floor with the Hoover, then she did it again with the Dyson, the Dyson pulled so much more dust, dog hair and other micro shit up than my Hoover ever did, after that I was sold, went out that weekend and bought a Dyson its worth every cent

OP, you have a PM.

I work at the Oreck Clean Home Center at Polaris. I deal with all sorts of vacuums as far as repairs go. The only Vacs that are worth owning are Oreck, Dyson, (Kirby if you need something for multiple types of carpet). Oreck is lightweight (7.7lbs-10lbs) , powerful, and durable (some are forever warranty). Dyson's can lose suction, are heavy, carry a 5 year warranty. Kirby's are heavy, have a ton of attachments for shampoo, dusting, and some other shit. I can go into more detail as far as comparisons between the vacs go to anyone that has questions. Just Pm me. I will be sure to hook anyone up that comes to me for vacs.

Thanks,

Luke

OP, you have a PM.

I work at the Oreck Clean Home Center at Polaris. I deal with all sorts of vacuums as far as repairs go. The only Vacs that are worth owning are Oreck, Dyson, (Kirby if you need something for multiple types of carpet). Oreck is lightweight (7.7lbs-10lbs) , powerful, and durable (some are forever warranty). Dyson's can lose suction, are heavy, carry a 5 year warranty. Kirby's are heavy, have a ton of attachments for shampoo, dusting, and some other shit. I can go into more detail as far as comparisons between the vacs go to anyone that has questions. Just Pm me. I will be sure to hook anyone up that comes to me for vacs.

Thanks,

Luke

Replied.

I must be the only Dyson hater here. We're on our 2nd or 3rd now and I think they are WAY overpriced. First two flat crapped out but luckily were within their return window.

We also have a Hoover bagless and IMHO, it works easily as well as the Dyson and cost like $50.

I must be the only Dyson hater here. We're on our 2nd or 3rd now and I think they are WAY overpriced. First two flat crapped out but luckily were within their return window.

We also have a Hoover bagless and IMHO, it works easily as well as the Dyson and cost like $50.

Dysons have like a 5 year warranty.. or something ridiculous.. They have repair centers here in town (i had a part i needed replaced and had to go tehre to get it free)

I am a Total Vacuum snob. They were the first motors i ever worked on.. My dad taught me how to take them apart and fix them and put them back together.

I love how i can take apart the WHOLE vacuum easily to clean out all the parts and keep it in tip top shape. we bought ours in 2005. Still runs like a champ. It never ceases to amaze me how much crap it pulls up.

I have no issues spending a fair chunk of change on a vacuum especially if it lasts. that sucker better suck good. I have had budget ones, i have had middle of the road ones.. I know a work horse when it lasts more than 3 yeras in my house.

Dysons have like a 5 year warranty.. or something ridiculous.. They have repair centers here in town (i had a part i needed replaced and had to go tehre to get it free)

I am a Total Vacuum snob. They were the first motors i ever worked on.. My dad taught me how to take them apart and fix them and put them back together.

I love how i can take apart the WHOLE vacuum easily to clean out all the parts and keep it in tip top shape. we bought ours in 2005. Still runs like a champ. It never ceases to amaze me how much crap it pulls up.

I have no issues spending a fair chunk of change on a vacuum especially if it lasts. that sucker better suck good. I have had budget ones, i have had middle of the road ones.. I know a work horse when it lasts more than 3 yeras in my house.

^ this. You can field strip and completely clean a Dyson in minutes.

I can't imagine going back to anything else as the dyson does pick up so much stuff and as neat-freakish as we are in our home, it still amazes me at how much it collects. At first I thought it ripping up carpet or something.

Just a warning...don't ever vacuum your mattress as it will freak you out about how much stuff it pulls in. :eek:

Wife has a Dyson and it works well, but after owning it for 5 years its loosing its suction ( the vacuum not my wife) so we may have to get it looked at. I bought a little hand held Shark for the cars and it works great but the only issue is the battery does not last long.

Wife has a Dyson and it works well, but after owning it for 5 years its loosing its suction ( the vacuum not my wife) so we may have to get it looked at. I bought a little hand held Shark for the cars and it works great but the only issue is the battery does not last long.

Seriously.. just take it all apart and put all hte plastic peices in a bucket of soapy water and let it soak for about 15 mins.. lay on a towel and let it air dry. Also have you replaced your air filter recently or rinsed it out?

I have found that the rubber gaskets on the pieces get dusty from all the stuff they suck up and lose suction if i dont clean them once a year

Our hoover knockoff must be a decent one then. It rivals the Dyson's suction power in my eyes and just picks up better. Has the same canister type, can be basically dismantled easily save for the brush wheel and IMHO works better.

I'm just comparing what we spent on the Hoover vs. what we spent on the Dyson and if it were up to me, I'd never buy another Dyson again.

Seriously.. just take it all apart and put all hte plastic peices in a bucket of soapy water and let it soak for about 15 mins.. lay on a towel and let it air dry. Also have you replaced your air filter recently or rinsed it out?

I have found that the rubber gaskets on the pieces get dusty from all the stuff they suck up and lose suction if i dont clean them once a year

Yea i have cleaned it and removed my Wifes/cats hair from the brush on the bottom, enough hair to make a wig LOL

I think my wife's hair killed the last one. It's so gross having to clean the brushes from time to time. My mother-in-law used our current one and after 20 mins she then calls and asked my wife does it always loud. Ended up she knocked the brush off the track and just keep going. I was able to rig it for the last year, but soon it's going to be replaced when we get all the wood redone.

x50 Dyson.

I got a DC14 about a year ago and it is fantastic. I thought I wouldnt even need it moving into a house with all hardwood, but man I was wrong. We got a dog and this thing pulls all the hair and crap right out from under furniture and everything!