RIP MCA

wagner

GlobalGrind.com reports that Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys has died at age 47.

Yauch, aka MCA, died this morning after a long bout with cancer, the website reports. Yauch, Mike D, Mix Master Mike and Ad Roc formed the Grammy-winning Beastie Boys in 1979.

TMZ reports that he announced in 2009 that he was being treated for a cancerous parotid gland and a lymph node and had undergone surgery and radiation therapy.

He is survived by his wife and daughter.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/05/04/3593504/report-beastie-boys-adam-yauch.html#storylink=cpy

In Pittsburgh for work, was listening to Hot Sauce Committee on the way over early this morning. :(

Glad he was alive for their induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame...

Yea dude, i was in NYC for an extended weekend last month...beastie boys was ALL i listened to

Hot Sauce Committee part 2....I mean its NWS,

sad to hear. My location underneath my avatar has been I gotta a castle in brooklyn that's where I dwell, for a long time.

LOL License to ill was the first cassette tape I ever bought.

3MTA3

Tough news, pretty much as long as i have been buying my own music or getting dubbed cassettes i have been getting beastie boys. One of the few groups i still buy hard copy albums when they release.