Topless Cars

GilbWs6

Been kicking around the idea getting my first "toy" in the past 8 years. I'm at a point in my life where I can afford it again and have all my shit loans paid off. Here are the rules.

1) No less than 280 hp

2) Either a convertible or a targa top

3) Back seat for the kid (this conversation wouldn't be needed if this wasn't a necessity or I would already have a C6 coupe or an XLR-V)

4) Under $20,000 (I know the cars I listed above don't meet this but I would be willing to bend for those)

5) Prefer manual transmission

Cars on the list

E36 M3

E46 328 or M3

CLK55/CLK430

05+ Mustang GT

03/04 Terminator

LS1 WS6/SS (either T-top or vert)

Open to suggestions as I still need to drive most of these before narrowing down my choice. This will be mainly used as a cruiser but will be driven to work (44 miles each way) occasionally.

300-zx,

Passed up the opportunity to buy one of these last year that was a one owner vehicle and in pristine condition. We had taken it on trade at work and I could have bought it for a song. Just wasn't the right time.

Passed up the opportunity to buy one of these last year that was a one owner vehicle and in pristine condition. We had taken it on trade at work and I could have bought it for a song. Just wasn't the right time.

you fail at life... find another one fits your criteria

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-14Y5rjHEsSc/TXFpDd1ALBI/AAAAAAAEGfc/Uhn8-Ov2dGo/s800/Subaru-STI-Cabriolet-0.jpg

:)

No but really I'd go with the 03-04 Cobra if you can find a stock one for that price and if it's just going to be a Summer toy. Next would be a 6 speed WS6, which is something I'll probably buy some day. I've never driven an M3 but high-revving N/A 6 bangers just seems "meh" to me.

you fail at life... find another one fits your criteria

Yeah yeah I know. And by a song I mean $8,500. One owner, low miles (can't remember exactly how many but it was under 30k), red and gorgeoussssss. Drove it as a demo for 3 days and could kick myself for not buying it. Just had about $15,000 in my wife's student loans that needed taken care of first.

Thought of one I've been looking at myself: Audi S4 Cabriolet. Not a lot of 'em...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/340HP-V8-CABRIOLET-CONVERTIBLE-6-SPEED-MANUAL-RECARO-SEATS-18-INCH-ALLOYS-/160791892161?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item256ff190c1#ht_10208wt_1165

They can get pricey if low-mileage, but the powertrain is rock solid. Combine that with VAG fit-n-finish, and you've got an awesome sounding convertible with all-season driveablilty!

Fuck it...I just bid on this one...I'm selling my Passat! ;)

Chrysler 200 convertible

283 HP

Definitely out. I forgot to mention no front wheel drive. Must handle better than this.

http://www.blueberryforest.com/images/images-radio-flyer/radio-flyer-little-red-roadster-691x518.jpg

get ya a LS swapped muscle car like 70 chevelle or something along those lines lol.

300ZX is a good one, maybe a New Camaro?

Only way to get in that price range for a new Camaro is to go V6. Not really feeling the V6 pony cars.

Say the Accord owner.

Honestly I would look for a Cobra as well. Less you could find a newer 5.0 vert.

I'm thinking about adding 95-96 Mustang vert to the list. Decently priced, cheaper and easier to mod than a Mr. Potato head.